De with calcium bentonite?

Hi everyone!! Need a little advice… I have been fighting fungus gnats for a few days now… I think I have them under control now but it’s because I used a spinosad soap and I also put some food grade de on the top of the soil… now today when I watered…I took the de off the top before I watered because I didn’t want it to make the soil too heavy or hold too much water… week 7 of flowering…. I was planning on putting some more de on the top after I watered them…. But I’m not sure if I want to put it on there now…. Or do I give it a chance to dry out on top some before I do that?? Plus all I can find is the de with calcium bentonite in it…. My big question is…. Do I want to even use the de with calcium bento in it or not??? I will not be watering them with this on top I will remove it from the soil as soon as I can water again… I just don’t want to hurt them… any advice please!!! Thanks again!!

1 Like

I think you are going to want straight food grade DE for your top-dressing.

Have you used “Mosquito Bits”? It’s a spinosad product that does a good job supposedly.

2 Likes

No I’ve actually never heard of them lol… where can I that?

Amazon.com &tag=ilovegrowingm-20

Have you thought about using milk. @yoshi suggested it and now I use it once a week. 1/4 cup of milk to a gallon of water. After feeding I been pouring enough to wet the first couple inches down. I’m told it coats the larve and kills them and the plant loves the milk. I set the milk out and let it spoil some before using

1 Like

@Allinherhead are you watering thoroughly in between ?
It’s very important manage your watering so you are flushing 30% between feedings .
Water management is key :key:!

1 Like

You bet I’m in coco and feed/water everyday to runoff. Plants are loving life. And gnats are hating it and actually not seeing many since started using the milk. This is one of the best ideas yet. Thanks for sharing it. I tag you everything I tell someone about it.

1 Like