Curious about yield?

I just had to pull the plant on the right of pic 4 weeks short of harvest so running a small number of plants can be catastrophic
The RDWC is really pretty EZ “Make 6 gals nutes then every 2 days ill check PPM and add 2 gals of nutes to the PPM I need”

1 Like

Must check out the quantum boards, they are easier to build than it looks. There’s links to HLG site that will show you what drivers to use

2 Likes

Since newbie I’ve been growing autos so the PPM scale is lower for those. I guess I can only do 2 in a 4x4 and SOG them in a RDWC. I’ll just have to do a little research on how to get it done or just do one plant in the 3x3 for now with the light I’ve got until I can get the $ to up to a 4x4, RDWC and the QB I want.

1 Like

My 4x QB304 build. Just need to drill and screw into a 1/8” plate. Others use the stock heatsinks and aluminum L- bracket frames. Very easy to build.

3 Likes

One string not a big a deal. But if you start losing more I’d get that board off your light.

1 Like

I have a hlg-240-1050a driver that’s looking for a project

@boardsbird If you can find some discontinued QB304 boards.

1 Like

Was thinking it would be fun to tryout Alibaba. am curious how good those Samsung LM301B boards work

If you have the money get an electric sky , if you want cheaper get a Viparspectra par series , that light has the best penitration and works great for 3x3 but the electric sky is amazing ! Best light out

1 Like

Good driver for cobs, specifically 50-72 volt models.

1 Like

Been to cheap to by heatsinks for the cobs, just need to bite the bullet and buy some,I know ill be happy with what gets made

1 Like

I hear you. If you went with something like vero 29c it would be 3 cobs for that driver. Something like 3 140mm pin sinks wouldn’t be too bad. You’re looking roughly $150 in cobs and sinks. V22 wouldn’t be too bad either. They’re 50v so you would need 4 of them and sinks, cobs are only $15ish so works out about the same.

Another idea may be to look at some of the lower voltage cobs and they running them on the $8 radial sinks. I’ve never been a fan, but 30-35 watt cobs you’ll only have about 15 or so heat watts. They would likely do fine.

1 Like

Thanks…

1 Like

I ended up getting a QB setup for a 5x5 to put in my 3x3 until my new tent arrives… Darn you for showing me the Electric sky, now I’m drooling :drooling_face:

Maybe once I save up a bit more and get some grows under my belt, I’ll look into going bigger and using those :blush:

Qb’s are better than electric sky in output, efficiency, and cost categories. You’re not missing anything.

1 Like

Well damn, I suppose I’m on the right track then. Thanks. Are Gorilla tents are a waste of money too?

1 Like

I don’t know about waste of money. There seems to be a big gap in quality for some, others not so much. I feel you can get a quality tent for less money though

I’m using an Apollo right now and it’s worked fine but then again I’m a noob so I wouldn’t know the difference between “fine” and “amazing” but since we are wanting to upgrade I found those and I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

A tent is a tent by most standards. The two things you should be most concerned about is the fabric and how rigid frame is.

4 Likes

I thought about a Gorilla tent but went with a less expensive tent. I figured as long as the tent doesn’t have any light leaks the ladies would be fine. Plus, if something happens to the tent I can buy another one and still be less than a Gorilla.

3 Likes