Counting weeks and light schedule?

Hello from Tennessee, it’s been a while since growing and I’m confused about Counting weeks! I’m at week 5 at 17Hours On. I added an Inline Fan and carbon filter this time. Photo: Strawberry Cough on the Right and Super Lemon Haze on Left. WHEN do I change the Nutes and Light Schedule???

It depends on whether its a Auto or Photo period. I run straight 12/12 start to finish. I grow both and do the same thing.

Now lights I would run 18/6 for now. Once it starts flowering, then switch to 12/12. This is what I would do in your position. :+1:

Not Autos this grow But I’m still confused When to Change schedule and nutes, lol…The directions for the nutes I got from here and for the Veg state it says to use weeks 1-4 and I’m on week 5 already! I’m guessing that When I See them to Form Buds it’s time to Change Everything??? It’s been a minute since I’ve grown

@Twerp2020 Since they are Photos, when you switch to 12/12, this will force the plant to start flowering. Then the countdown begins. Switch to 12/12 when you are ready. There is no fast hard rule. I break every growing technique and still produce over 7’ tall Sativa dom plants. I don’t pH nor PPM. I also grow 12/12 start to finish.

In short…change to 12/12 when you are ready for the plants to flower. No hard fast rule as some have Vegged over 2 months before switching. With no issues either.

Lastly…the bigger the plants, the more nutrients is needed and also how much water you give will increase over time. I hope this helps you.

1 Like

Just repeat week four until you flip, then switch to flower nutes.

1 Like

I was thinking about doing that, Thanks :pray:

1 Like

Thanks for the information! I’m actually on 18/6 not 17 as I hit the wrong number, lol. I only check the Ph and no other device. Next question: What do I need to do about my fan-leaves that are blocking light from reaching the bottom And the Inside :question: Also, she has 2 nice and sturdy stems resulting in more leaves.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! I’m actually on 18/6 not 17 as I hit the wrong number, lol. I only check the Ph and no other device. Next question: What do I need to do about my fan-leaves that are blocking light from reaching the bottom And the Inside :question: Also, she has 2 nice and sturdy stems resulting in more leaves. What do you do when this happens :question:

@Twerp2020 You can remove some fan leaves. Some will tuck them and some will pull them.

Here is what I would do. Give it s little trim job first. Remember you can also harvest what is ready aka the top and once removed, you can let the bottom to develop. It will add more time but that is not usually a issue.

I did that with Purps #1 and she has a ton of amber. My first time doing this. I also did a selective harvest as well and this allowed the bottom to really ripen up. She is a major creeper. One puff and you are done in.

I trimmed some of big fan leaves but left some too. I’ve read that some people Top their plants but I’m not comfortable doing that simply because I don’t have enough knowledge or experience yet. I really appreciate your help :pray:

Mr. Peat, would you advise me on “Stripping the leaves” please? The one on the Left side is Strawberry Cough (right side Super Lemon Haze) and I’ve Never had one so Full and Beautiful!! Brother mentioned stripping it like he’s seen before But I don’t know IF I should…Thoughts? Thanks so much

1 Like

Absolutely I would drop off some. Just remember you can be taking off future bud sites.