Concentrates Blog

Nice, i processed some today. Smoked great. Enjoy yours.

5 Likes

Here goes some bho I made out of some smaller and lower buds from my plant I harvested lastnight, froze it to -80F ish and open blasted 50g of wet frozen flowers. Extraction temps were around -50F throughout. Here’s the finished product. Vac purged NO HEAT + whipped it till it dried.

11 Likes

Round 2, small run - 25 wet grams from the other plant that’s not ready yet. Had an accident and broke a branch so I froze and waxed it.

9 Likes

Making a fresh batch of infused oil today and was wondering if there were any issues with mixing a 1/3 cup of already infused oil (leftover from batch i made 2 weeks ago to the fresh infused oil???

5 Likes

None at all.

5 Likes

Thanks Going to try using 3 ozs of trimmings (already screened on trim bin, so not sure of it has any thc left) in a cup of oil. Using 1 oz of bud made some strong brownies so i will see with the screened trimmings.

3 Likes

Sifting should remove around 70% of the available THC, FYI. You can sorta use that to figure your dosing.

So 3 zips of trim would equal 1 unsifted. Plus, sugar leaves and larfy stuff is about 20% of the potency of flower before sifting.

5 Likes

Im hoping 3 ozs will be enough. It will take 3 infusings to get it all in the oil so hopefully it will give a buzz. With the oz of bud my eyes were at 1/2 mast all day. Also the 1/3 cup leftover had the bud infused in it so it will be stronger.

8 Likes

Does using a “french press” to screen the infusing work better than cheese cloth? IE: not loosing as much oil absorbed in cheesecloth.

2 Likes

I use a French press screen in my Levo - I can collect quite a lot but the liquid I lose is always what’s suspended in/by the plant matter.

I haven’t tried it yet but I suspect using the other part of the French press to squish the plant matter down would get most of the liquid out. But then we’re right back to impurity territory where the stuff you get out of the squish will be green and extra weed tasting.

6 Likes

A plastic salad spinner works great without crushing plant matter

7 Likes

Ardent wants 55.00 for thier press but i can buy a cheep press for coffee for as low as 12.00. But it would still be messy. Still learning.

2 Likes

Courious… does the end color of the oil after infusing tell you anything??? 1st 2 infusing with BUD was somewhat light green and translucent ,the infusing just compleated (with trimmings and 3ozs per cup of oil os very dark a black/green

3 Likes

With trim/larf you will get more plant material thus more chlorophil (darker/greener).

Good luck

With letting it fully dry and then a full decarb i wouldnt think there would be any chlorphil left???

1 Like

You’ll also get more chlorophyll if you soak the product too long or shake it too much. Also decarbing will darken the end product.

1 Like

Thanks for helping out Vetty!!! I love the salad spinner idea!

2 Likes

If it makes any difference im using an Ardent FX for decarb and infuseing.

2 Likes

I have read that over squeezing give more plant matter. The screen bags my infuser comes with work very well 190 and a 73. Theres always some loss have to figure out when you’ve sqeezed enough

3 Likes

Letting what fully dry? the weed or the concentrate?