Compost tea brew time question

Does the length of time you brew a compost tea determine the strength or nutrient value? One would assume that a longer brew times would allow the microbes to break down a greater quantity of nutrient compounds leading to a stronger or more nutritious end product. Is this logic correct?

1 Like

You shouldn’t worry much about brewing time. The best time for brews are around 24-48 hours. The only difference in brewing time is if it brews for a longer period it can become a fungal tea rather than a bacterial tea, however, bacterial teas are better for cannabis. I usually brew mine for around 24-30 hours. The longer it sits out the more dangerous it could become for the plant and you have to use it once you stop the aeration or it becomes unviable.

1 Like

@Sammys ,That is good to know about the possibility of fungus colonization. Thank you. Do you have any recommendations of a good ratio of ingredients for say one gallon brew? The components I have available are worm castings, recharge packs, build a flower, black strap molasses, kelp powder and craft blend. The last one I did was about a cup of castings and a cup of build a flower, 1/2 tsp of recharge and 1/2 cup of craft blend. I only aerated for about 18 hours. Ppm was in the 500 range.

If you have recharge it negates the need for a compost tea. I have a lot of compost tea ingredients however I mainly just use recharge now.

1 Like

I forgot to include, it’s good to know what each ingredient you have contains so you can adjust during veg / late veg / early flower / late flower etc. good luck!

1 Like