Cody's coco cultivation

Breeding is almost common sense imho. U find what u like. Mix it with something else u like. Then stabilize. Its SOOOOO much easier if u use a REPUTABLE breeder. If u get some hodgepodge of genetics itll be so unstable ull be pheno hunting thru 20 different variables

3 Likes

Ok, and I know I have a lot (everything) to learn about all of this stil, but beings I sent out the paperwork for my ppl and will be growing legally I feel like I can be a little more open about it and actually have the means and motivation to start breeding. I’m really after 2 particular smells and tastes, I can’t imagine it being great but I still want it. I just want the purple to be in the colors, I know I can help the color with temp, but I would love to breed it into the plant.

1 Like

That is possibly one of the hardest things to chase. Find u a nice tasting plant that almost always turns purple and splice it into whatever rotation u decide.

Lets see if i can hunt down a good cheese… think ILGM offers it. Id definitely start there. And when u say berry… u mean blueberry? Or more grapefruitish?

3 Likes

I want something more grapefruitish, to me it’s the best smelling so I want it to be the more dominant trait with nice cheesey flavors mixed in there, and like I said it doesn’t have to be purple, but come on everyone loves purple weed lol.

Dinafem has Sweet Deep Grapefruit

Emerald Triangle has Grapefruit Krush

FastBudz has Grapefruit-matic (an auto)

Those were the best breeders i found quick googling. Catch me later and we can keep hunting. Busy day at work

1 Like

Citrus terpenes are a strong indicator of Sativa genetics; look for Sativa dominant strains for this flavor profile.

5 Likes

Thanks man, I’m going to try to stay away from autos and I will post what I found later

1 Like

I did not know that, thanks. I will post what I find later.

1 Like

Call it blue banana?

3 Likes

Chiquita cheese?

2 Likes

11 Likes

@Mote not a lot going on right now but here she is.

1 Like

shes getting a little bigger. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

13 Likes

@Amazon66 here she is, not a lot happening right now.

2 Likes

She looks really nice & healthy man, nice start! :clap:
Keep going like that & she’ll be getting quite big pretty soon LOL

+1 :grin: That should be an interesting hybrid taste profile to say the least, only one way to find out.
Set to watching brother & good luck w the grow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, I know this one will go a lot smoother because I have your guys help! I want to get into breeding so bad, I will have the resources to do so one day, it might just take me a year or two.

3 Likes

If breeding is what you want go for it, time is almost irrelevant w these plants plus in the meantime you can continue your research into what you want, tastes colors LOL and start building up stock & practicing.
This stuff is endless so plenty to learn, which is a good thing brother! :+1:
Would like to start breeding myself but mainly starting to collect pollen from potential males & storing when for when I know what the hell it is I am doing…That might take a while :grin:

4 Likes

Do you store it in jars or bags?? The only male plants I’ve had weren’t plants that I knew what strain they were just mystery seeds. I did not realize I could save pollen because it will be a year or 2 before I can play around and I may come across some I want during that time. Thanks :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

I’m very new to this aspect of it, so new I have not done any of it yet. I think @PurpNGold74 & @AAA will be better able to advice on the particulars, right now its just an idea in my mind but I will be pursuing it.
If you go to my journal AAA explains some parts of it, really interesting stuff & just fun to know.

If you do decide to undertake shoot me a tag, would love to see how its done :wink:

3 Likes

I would like to be tagged into your journal so I can watch :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes