Climate control strategy

I’m on that like white on rice. Thanks for the heads up

3 Likes

I couldn’t believe it :joy:
Glad you were able to take advantage of it. Lol

2 Likes

Absolutely. I also grabbed a bottle of Miicrobial Mass because I read a bunch about it in some stupid magazine and it’s out of Canada - paid less just now for it on sale than I would for the free sample’s shipping. :joy::v:

2 Likes

You and I have a lot in common. We like spending each others money. Where can I get in on this mocrobe you mentioned :rofl:

1 Like

250ml, will that last a grow cycle?

1 Like

It’s with GrowGreen too rn.

I believe so. They suggest application one every 2 weeks I believe. So it makes 125 gal of water (or maybe it was liters - I’m operating on memory here) - applied once every 2 weeks should be plenty for 2-4 plants depending on application needs (pot size, etc).

1 Like

Must add a few dollars to order to qualify for the free shipping. Lol!

1 Like

Do you know of a good surge protector power strip? I get a bit nervous about the humidity in the tent.

1 Like

What is typical ambient temperature in your basement? I’m asking because i grow in basement and reach desired canopy temps even in the middle of summer here. No ac and only runnning 6" exhaust. If using led lights running into low 80’s for canopy temps is pretty ideal too.

I kinda feel like exhausting outside may act be causing some of your issues. This will put your home under negative pressure, and could be pulling warm air from upstairs. It could also cause your air conditioning to run more than normally would. Every home is a little different, but i would take a look at this. If you could exhaust to a different room in your basement and get the air to cycle back through into your grow room may work better than what you’re currently doing.

1 Like

Hi @dbrn32 , thanks for your input its highly appreciated ! I’ld love to give it a go to see if it my setup works more efficiently…
-understand why expelling into the same room would help? :thinking:
Currently the temp outside is 65°F and the humidity index is running high today at 99%. It will go into high the 70’s, outside my home. However i’m not sure what the temps are like inside my house yet, Im waiting on an Amazon delivery today with a seperate Hygrometer to gauge the home and calibrate the temps the Ac infinity cloudline T6 is running. I dont trust that its gauging accurately yet. I purchased (sent back already for 6" fan with another 67 controller) a 4" fan as an exhaust and it had its seprate gauge and it was off by 10° lower or higher than what my T6 was reading. However i will know soon enough know once my Hygrometer arrives.
To clarify i am growing in a spare. bedroom in my home. 10x13 or slightly bigger. Im on my homes ground floor. Not in basment. And am expelling outside the main floor window.
Currently my readings, pic below.

1 Like

I am switching my a.c. unit today to a window unit to see if its my this stand up air conditioner that is requiring lots of energy to start or if it’s my breakers that are failing. This home is old so it could be a just that. I need more help than i thought figuring out how to get this right. Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated!

1 Like

@THC73 from some painful USN troubleshooting experience, a recommendation could be for you to have a qualified electrician complete some preventative maintenance on the circuit breaker panel.
RF laser temp measure all circuit breakers, focusing on the screws that attach the incoming/outgoing wires. Identifying bad breakers or loose connections with a thermal camera (or thermal gun) is possible. A serious work of caution, electricity will kill.

1 Like

Here’s what I do bro and it works for me. I have window ac unit just for that room I’m in. I closed my house vent for my central because I can’t control the temp in that room using central without freezing in the rest of the house :joy:

My window unit is set to keep the room temp at 68 degrees lights on and 74 degrees lights off.
My intake fan is set on 9 with lights on and my exhaust fan is set on 8 with lights on.

With lights off my intake drops down to 5 and my exhaust will stay the same to keep humidity levels down.

My 4x8 with this method runs between 78 to 83 degrees with 48 to 52 rh with lights on.
My 4x8 with lights off my temps run between 69 to 73 and rh remains in the same ball park.

My 4x4 temps lights on are 74 to 79 with 59 to 63% rh.
Lights off my temps drop to 67 to 70 and RH still hovers around the same as lights on
I’m only running an exhaust in the 4x4 right now because my light intensity is down and not creating as much heat as the 4x8. My exhaust setting is at 5 lights on and 2 with lights off. That will change though once I crank up the scorp for flower.

1 Like

You are the man! Thanks for the help @The_Chef , will definitely use this setup formula as my guidance!

1 Like

Thanks i’ll have to definitely look into as soon as possible. For now i’m going to change this ac unit and see if the ac is failing first. Wish i knew more on the subject. Whats intresting is that i recently got a call from an ibew local union to try out a new career in my life now that i’m pushing 50. A four or 5 year apprenticeship as an electrician. Looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life! Hope it pans out. I can sure use the knowledge and the $$$ im sure isn’t bad either! :wink:

@dbrn32 i took the exhaust from the widow and let it run into the bedroom that houses the tent and i dont even need the air-conditioner on for the last hour since you suggested it. I nees to understand the science on that. You said i was creating negative pressure in my environment with the exhaust hose venting out! Its working so far. Now have to switch to lights off and turn the ac off regardless. So i’ll tweak the settings like @The_Chef said and take it from there! Thanks guys!

1 Like

Running and exhaust and intake into same room may not help. But if you could port your exhaust into a different room so that ambient conditions of basement cool the air, it would basically circulate your exhaust through the basement and back into your intake. When you exhaust outside it creates a condition where all the air in your home will flow to your grow tent.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation with my drying tent. I grow in a pretty large space and put the tent in the grow room. I have two small fans in the base of the tent – one pulling air in from the room (78-80 degrees) and one circulating the air in the tent.

I have my humidifier in the tent, and a hose, just like you, taped to the front of the grow room ac pushing cool air in the tent.

I haven’t set up all the fancy electronics that take readings. I just use a thermometer/RH reader inside the tent.

But, I’m not exhausting air from the tent. With opening and closing and a vent left open for air to enter/escape I figure I’m ok. I don’t need smell control as my room exhaust takes care of all the smell.

Would venting in an attic suffice? I’m currently venting outside myself and am wondering if everything I’m doing and have done is contributing to how frequent I make changes. It took me forever to get dialed in :sleeping:

I’d like to get away from constantly changing settings on the whole thing if I could. I’m wondering now that venting outside contributed to the high temp issues I was having which led me to a window AC :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

I’m just not following this… I exhaust from the grow room, into another room in the same bldg. And, I pull air in from the same (second) room. I have to change the exhaust to go into the attic because it is making my quilting studio (the second room) too hot.

1 Like