Climate control strategy

Venting to attic would still put your home under negative pressure.

1 Like

You have a big room and thermal load is to much to naturally balance. We typically keep main floor of our home around 70f. But temp in my basement is usually few degrees colder than this. But circulated air through my basement pretty much keeps my grow cool enough that i need a heater to maintain proper canopy temps 12 months a year.

I wish I needed heat. I’m growing in a stand-alone shed building. I have two AC’s running – one in my studio and one in the grow room. I’m well insulated and all that – but when the temps are in the 90s, with the lights on, the temp spikes. I’ve been opening the room to the studio so I can just keep the whole space cooler. But, then smell sneaks into the studio, a little.

1 Like

@DEEPDIVERDAVE it was the Air conditioner that was getting old. Glad i didn’t need an electrician. :pray:

1 Like

@The_Chef did you switch exhausting placement? For whatever reason it changed the temperature in my tent about 7°degrees difference. Which in my opinion is great!! I read some people taking about placing where we had it during the winter to keep the heat in tent up! Lmk if it does the same for you.

1 Like

I’m still exhausting outside but I have a plan :joy:
There’s a closet/crawl space on the opposite wall of the window I’m using now. We use it as storage. I’m thinking of shifting my grow tents towards that wall and venting in there. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@The_Chef @dbrn32 @Graysin @DEEPDIVERDAVE now im having issues trying keep some heat inside the tent! Lol!

2 Likes

Turn your intake down and you don’t need to put that ductwork on your ac. It’ll do fine pulling air in from the room.

1 Like

Yep. Chef’s got you :v:

1 Like

@The_Chef yeah it increased the amount of cold air drastically but i been tinkering with the ac settings and it doesnt neccessary have to be pushing cold air in i set it on auto energy saver and its blowing cool air. Temps in the tent are stable so far so good.

Just understand that the ac units thermostat in it is monitoring the room temps so if the air is blowing in your tent from the duct work and the room never reaches what your AC setting is because of that. The AC will run 24/7 trying to cool that room you have your setting at.
Like I said. It’s much better to just cool the room and let the thermostat regulate the room temps.
Your intake will definitely pull in the cool air from the room. You don’t even need the duct work. My intake sits inside the bottom of my tent with a 90° elbow running through the port to the outside.

1 Like

@The_Chef i just had to see it for myself. You are absolutely correct, been chasing my tail for a couple of hours. It stayed steady for awhile but not at the climate that is ideal. It probably works in other situations or probably not at all but definitely not my situation and i do know for sure, i won’t cross that bridge again! Thanks for the help brother much appreciated :pray:

1 Like

No problem my friend! :beers::call_me_hand:

1 Like