Clear looking larva

@greenjewels @purpngold74

Here’s one of these little f-ers

Thripe or aphid

2 Likes

Use some safersoap. Worked great on mine, 1 or 2 applicatiins over a week and no more of them since

3 Likes

That looks like thrips. They lay their eggs in the soil and don’t need a mate to reproduce. Sprays containing Spinosad are effective. It must be sprayed every few days for at least 2-3 applications so you can get any emerging hatchlings. I’ve had them in the garden but luckily not on my girls

3 Likes

Can i put some de on the soil to help prevent them from moving up, this is the second one ive seen so far

Yes a layer of DE on top of the soil will help. A lot of people around here use it, including myself. I’d still spray with something safe to eradicate what’s on leaves

2 Likes

They like the underside of leaves too so if you spray, get the undersides Good too :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Will run a buy some spray after work, i had fungus gnats at the beginning of my grow due to overwatering, will throw some de down real quick

1 Like

That is the stuff I used. Its a mix of soaps so its safe also. I reccomend using before the flower stage
Good luck

I am in flower, week 7 on autos

2 Likes

Then if u have to spray during flower, I will highly suggests u do a peroxide/water rinse when u chop them to hang. @Ozzimotosan1 is about to do a harvest and plans on doi g the rinse, he maybe able to guide u on the how to part.

2 Likes

Haven’t sprayed yet

2 Likes

Hey TM.
I am doing the “wash” because my buds became flypaper for fungus gnats, and to get the dog hair off. You can use either 3% hydrogen peroxide (like you get at the drug store), or what I use is a 1/4 cup of 20% H2O2 (same thing, just stronger, available on Amazon) added to 5 gallons of water. Nice clean water. I doubt the PH matters as they are being washed, not watered.
You leave a few harvested branches in the solution for no longer than five minutes. I usually gently swish for two minutes. After you remove them, you can either dip in clean fresh water, or use a gentle sprayer to rinse them off. Once that’s done, hang them up and get them dry with good airflow. Jorge Cerventes on YouTube has a great video.
He puts the fan right on the hanging branches until they are dry enough to start the cure.
Check my latest journal, and there’s a link. Clean weed is happy weed! Just be gentle to not rupture the trics, etc. VIP. Good luck, and GOOD WEED!

1 Like