Choosing a strain for my next grow. Opinions please

I am planning out my next grow. Indoors again.

For this one I will only use FFHF. The hotness of FFOF gives me stress and high blood pressure. :laughing:

I need another light and will buy another HLG 600R-spec. Does anyone know of any promo-codes???

The only seeds I have ever bought were from ILGM.
I bought Gold Leaf Feminized & White Widow Auto-flower. I want to go with just photos this time. I am thinking about the ILGM strain: California Dream Feminized. Anyone have experience with these? Opinions? This will be my second grow so I donā€™t want a stain that requires advanced knowledge and experience to get great results.

Without offending anyone and no disrespect to the site; is this the best place to buy seeds? With that asked. I am very happy with my past purchase and their commitment to honor their guarantee. So far I am also happy with my grow.

5 Likes

I use FFOF and FFHF bottom 2/3 FFOF top 1/3 FFHF. Try code ā€œdudeā€ I remember some said if your a Vet you can get a discount try calling them about it. I am growing a GDP photo from ILGM it is my first photo I usually grow ILGM autos. Here is a pic of her

The only thig is ILGM stands behind there seeds. Not sure about other Seed Banks

4 Likes

Wow. Very nice plant!

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

DUDE
Looks like a nice strain. I wonder how tall - tall is?

2 Likes

Ilgm has decent photo period seeds.

1 Like

Quite honestly I havenā€™t used my seeds from ILGM yet and itā€™s on my to-do list for my next round of autoflowers. I can say based on the experiences of others around the forum, youā€™re in great hands with ILGM. Iā€™ve had some cracked seeds, non-germing seeds, LOTS of seeds that pop but end up with the saddest genetics Iā€™ve ever seen (Iā€™m still trying to grow them out but Iā€™ve got very little optimism). Even the ā€œweird runtsā€ of the ILGM family seem to have good genes.

1 Like

Beautiful plant my friend. Idk, I do alot of research and I look all over the net at different seed banks all day cuz Iā€™m bored AF an laid off cuz covid sucks, anyway, ilgm seems to be the most legit and as far as Iā€™m concerned, u get what u pay for, so even tho ilgm is a lil pricey itā€™s because the genetics are definitely good and they will replace any seed that doesnā€™t pop. I say go with some LA Confidential fem

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œTylersays, post:1, topic:71506ā€]
Not to mention ILGM genetics, while Iā€™m in my first grow I know to be superior! No seed, of any type Iā€™ve ever put in the ground, has responded and grown as well as ILGM stock. So the results of my grow are entirely on me. I cannot fault the seed."

And Iā€™ll stand by that statement!!

Iā€™m currently growing Granddaddy Purple, New York City Diesel and Super Skunk. All ILGM photos.
None have been especially difficult and are growing well. Both the SS and NYD in the tent took LST pretty easily and rebounded quickly. Iā€™m in FFHF and 15-20% perlite and the NYD is definitely the bigger eater.
Iā€™m only growing the GDP outside and theyā€™re trucking along, but I canā€™t attest to what theyā€™d do in a tent yet.
Ranking in order of ease Iā€™d have to go SS, GDP, NYD. Only because the NYD seems more particular in eating what she wants when she wants it and shows disapproval when she doesnā€™t get it ASAP!

HGE!!

edit: I donā€™t know how to quote a post from another thread, but you get the point!

3 Likes

Yes, California Dream is a decent strain and easy to grow, I had 1 outdoors last year, got huge yield,and have grown indoor as well with success. As for the LA Confidential I have 3 this year that are bigger. I have grown several ILGM seeds and most have been pretty easy. Lsd can be a little tricky but it is a very nice plant. As for soil I mostly use promix but mixing the 2 FF works well too.

2 Likes

When you think about all the variables getting a robust grow, you want to try to limit them. The greatest variable that you have no control over are the genetics of the seeds. The key to a consistently successful grow is to control as many of these variables as possible. Every grower has their own style and methodology, as is evidenced here. You, and many others, have had consistent success with the quality of the ILGM seeds. Plus, the guarantee of germination should make it a no brainer. If itā€™s price, take a look at EVERYTHING you have bought to date to make your grow a success.

(No, I donā€™t work for them. I just buy my seeds there)

Happy growing :grinning:

1 Like

Price is not the concern. I really donā€™t have a contract all, just looking for opinions.

Concernā€¦ not contract. Spell check. :crazy_face:

Ilgm has the best genetics ive grown yet. Currently seedsman, sweet seeds and fastbuds plants going. Not as large as autoā€™s from ILGM. In fairness though I experimented with early topping this growā€¦not sure I like the outcome yet. Think it was too early.
GDP auto in first grow from ILGMā€¦FANTASTIC! ILGM Bruce Banner auto is hella strong, not as yummy thoughā€¦

2 Likes

You could look into @imSICKkid and his selection.

1 Like

If we are talking IlGM seeds I like the gorilla glue and super skunk both make yield

2 Likes