Checking in on this

Welcome to the forum BigMommaC. Listen, I’m kinda new too, and all you have to do is ask and people will come and help you with any questions or problems you might have. This is a great community filled with people who want to share their knowledge and don’t make you feel stupid or anything like that. If you know who you want to ask put the @ sign in front of their name and they will be notified. It’s amazing how much help and advice you can get here. Read the journals, Try @bulldognuts old man couch grow if you want to have some fun

2 Likes

Hah thanks! Yea I’m like a pro stalker on here. These guys really know their stuff! I was trying my hardest to just follow the pot for pot pamphlet without adding ANY extras: my girl, Jill (originally named cactus Jack since the seed had a cactus marking on it, but decided cactus Jill was more appropriate since she’s a beautiful lil gal hah), LOVES sunshine but it’s so cold in my area she only got window light and stretched SOOO much :expressionless: felt bad. From that point on I got a tent kit and some nutes (tho who knows if I’m on schedule like I should be :confused: hard to tell.) but I think I’ve hit preflower/flower now and I’m just winging it till the end!
I know I’ll end up with SOME sorta smokable bud, and next time I’ll try harder :wink:
ANYWAY!! This is the first thread I’ve actually replied to and felt it’s similar enough to follow so I’m psyched to watch!!

2 Likes

Thanks yea I’ve been writing down physically everything I’ve been doing. PH AND PPM and humidity and light distance and taking pictures daily and like ALL the deets in case I do make a journal lol plus it’ll help me in my next grow: got like 14 more auto seeds to learn with too!

Hah nah you’re good. I don’t take anything wrong… honestly anyone that isn’t me feels like more of an expert than myself so it’s all good :wink:
I just read all the advice from everyone else’s posts and it’s painfully overwhelming so NEXT grow will be my ‘put all the good tips together and get it done’ kinda grow… this one for now is making me proud as is since it’s my first ‘from seed to something’ grow I’ve ever done! :v:

2 Likes

Hi Debbie! Oh girl I’ve been watching your threads ‘something is the matter with my leaves’ I think that’s actually what I typed in the search bar too :rofl::rofl:
lol you have some good ones (growers) on there to follow too! So much advice!
I love your progress and pictures also and your questions are legitimately ideal for a newbie to learn about! I actually just read the entirety of that thread today and then found this one too and I’m like ok… today’s the day I reply and engage. So thank y’all for the welcome and look forward to creepin on @LongtimeListener_FirsttimeCaller thread here :smirk:

4 Likes

Youtube Dr Bruce Bugbee if you need a break from reading. A lot of deeper understanding there. Pretty sure he’s mildly dyslectic, which I am too so understand. His numbers are sometimes backwards, sometimes a student with no idea how to use a camcorder is operating said device. But still great research.

2 Likes

Thanks! I love watching vids at night to chill out after tending to Jill all day lol I swear ‘weed’ is not as easy to grow as they say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: or maybe I just love my planties so much I can’t leave them alone… helicopter plant mom here :sunglasses: @Budz (it didn’t tag ya for whatever reason) oopsies

3 Likes

I’m the same way. Spent today trying to keep my dissipation right. Spring in the midwest has me keeping the AC away from the grow, but also what dries out my air. Plants grow better in the low 80s than the mid 70s. Some sativa’s like it even hotter, which all my plants are sativa atm. But I’m mid to late flower on main tent and had 82 with 70% humidity. Which is too much, need it lower to prevent budrot/mold. Without dropping below 78. It’s in sleep now, but veg tent in same room sitting 77/51 atm. Which is about fine for both.

3 Likes

@BigMommaC also, feel free to reach out by email to help@apotforpot.com. They are super knowledgeable and very customer service oriented.

3 Likes

Try @Hellraiser grows gorilla glue and @patchman garden, Hellraiser is really long but worth it, he explains as good as @abouttime does. Do you have your meters? You absolutely need ph meter and tds. The ph is so important.
Also if you get a chart or an explanation from someone you don’t have to write it down. The rectangle thing next to reply is bookmark. You just bookmark it and then if you need it it’s there. If you have a printer you can print it, personally like a hard copy, but I’m old. It took me a couple weeks to figure that out.
Mostly everyone here will help you, if they can’t they will help you find someone who can, you couldn’t have come to a better place if you want to grow some really good weed.

3 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks to @DebbieM for sticking around the forum and giving back to the community. A lot of the time people come here, get help, then disappear. Not to take away from everyone here who helps people, just saying this is really the first time I think I have seen someone get help, then really put effort into giving help. Props to you Debbie.

4 Likes

Hey DebbieM-
Here’s a pH chart if anyone needs it.

Hope it helps. Peace…

3 Likes

So what do we think about this?

1 Like

1 Like

The top set of leaves look kind of spindly. They have changed since the other day (see bottom pic). Is this normal?

1 Like

Looks like growing cannabis to me! Those leaves will fatten up. They gotta start somehow, ya know!

1 Like

Thanks! Things just started off kind of rough and I am trying to minimize problems as much as I can as early as possible.

2 Likes

No worries. I get it. If it’s the first time you have no idea what to expect. It’s good that you are keeping close tabs on it so you can study it as it grows, but don’t freak out if you see something a little weird.

Just so you know your lower leaves will probably yellow eventually. This is normal so don’t trip and think you screwed up, just cut them off. These plants are pretty dang hardy and it takes a good amount of screw ups to kill them…

3 Likes

I noticed they were getting a yellow haze to them this morning! So when should I cut them off?

Yellow haze? Cut them off of what?

Edit: nevermind sorry lol you meant the lower leaves. Yeah just cut those now in my opinion. Not doing much good if they are yellowed

Well wait, send me a pic of the yellowing leaves, just to make sure it’s the right leaves.

1 Like

I’m at work right now (great work ethic, eh?:joy::joy::joy:). I will take a pic at lunch.

2 Likes