Checking in on this

So a dome, then? It doesn’t have to have holes in it? You hear so much different stuff it’s hard to keep it all straight as a new grower!

1 Like

Also, is this a good position for my lights? I don’t feel a crazy amount of heat down by the pots.

1 Like

Could be lower, but if they’re not stretching, I would leave them for now.
The camera doesn’t pick up the brightness, and I get that. Stretch will be your best indicator.

3 Likes

Exactly. During root development. Your babies get moisture from the air while roots get established.

My main indicator of needs is always the plant They will “speak” to you if you pay attention.
Damn a bunch of charts and schedules.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m at 275 watts for a 2x4 space which I think is good, right? That puts me at over 34 watts per square foot.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to watts per square foot, especially for LED’s.

So is that enough lighting for three autoflowers?

1 Like

Yes. You should be good.

2 Likes

One of my Blue Dreams popped! This stuff is so exciting.

6 Likes

Yayy! How come it’s poking out of such a giant hole?? Might wanna fill that in. :thinking:

Looks like you watered right around the plant :+1:

1 Like

Haha I was wondering that myself. It looks like it Hulked out!

2 Likes

Looks like a “jiffy pot” the ones where it is a disc that swells into a seedling planter when soaked.
They do that sometimes.

2 Likes

Obviously,I’m new. But out of the 5 seeds I have started the jiffy pellets have done the best for starting them out.

Not knocking them, just pointing out that they swell up funny sometimes like in the pic.

2 Likes

I did not know that, so I learned something. Thanks! I was actually a little concerned with that.

Howdy! Just thought I’d say hi since I plan on stalking (watching?) your thread here :grimacing: (I can give likes but no real input from my end as I have 0 experience lol)
I started growing a Blueberry auto using pot for a pot about a month ago but it’s been such a roller coaster and I feel like I’m so far into my grow (I’ve struggled so much and picked up ‘essential’ gear throughout the grow so it’s been super inconsistent for her) that I’m embarrassed to post my little ‘journal’ since I know all the experts are going to roll their eyes, cringe or just laugh their butts off…:rofl:
So I am curious to see how ‘they’ help you through your journey since you just started out too… and it seems similar to my own grow… I’m hoping to learn from all their advice and maybe have the courage to post my grow next time around!! Plus I can’t wait to see how yours turns out!!! :v:

7 Likes

Welcome @BigMommaC There is no reason to feel like you can’t share. I have learned soooo much from these forums in the past two weeks. Everyone is very helpful and understanding. No reason to be shy because they could help before you smoke (and not the good way) your plants.

2 Likes

It’s actually a really good idea to start your journal if for nothing more than your own records. My journal is like 75 posts. 70+ mine alone. First grow. This way there is also record of your grow for the “experts” to help you easier. It’s much easier to dignose a plant when you have all of the information. So please feel free to start a grow journal, you won’t regret it.
Edit. Don’t take the parenthesis around experts wrong, it’s just most here who are huge wealths of knowledge don’t consider themselves experts. There’s always so much more to learn about this plant.

5 Likes