Can you reuse your runoff water?

Just curious when you water to runoff and catch your water, your ppm is high indicating it is high in nuets… So is it reusable? Can you dilute it with ph water and get your ppm where you want it or is that a bad thing? Just curious why this would be a bad option, thank you all in advance! Growing in ff soils using ff trio in one set growing in potforpot soil in another set running no nuets.

2 Likes

I just use the runoff on my wife’s outside plants.

8 Likes

Good afternoon :blush: in my opinion it wouldn’t be a good idea. I will tag a couple that know more than I do. Happy Growing :blush::v:

@merlin44 @SilvaBack203 @MeEasy

2 Likes

Runoff contains the expended nutrients as well as viable nutes. It has “salts” (not sodium chloride) of varying usefulness to your plants. I see no good reason to introduce variables to a grow such as what your water really contains. Runoff is great for outdoor plants that will see rain or regular watering from an irrigation system etc - they will end up using what they can and the rest will wash away anyway.

Edit to say: feeding runoff water regularly will likely result in a nutrient lockout sooner or later.

7 Likes

As the others have said, runoff water should not be re-introduced to your plants. This is primarily for indoor plants and possibly for outdoor plants in containers.

The real problem, as I see it, is that you don’t know exactly what is in the runoff water. There are enough variables that can adversely affect your plants without introducing additional uncontrolled variables.

The bottom line is I want to have the best chance of success. Any small benefit of using runoff water is completely offset by the risk that it represents.

All of this said, for most of us, growing cannabis is a hobby. If you want to use runoff water for your plants, you should do so. If it does not work out for you then you can discontinue the practice. We learn from our successes as well as our failures and mistakes.

edit: “I am groot” :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Thank you, figured there had to be a reason.

Completely right, its hard enough to produce the the top shelf im looking for…just trying to understand more. I figured there was a reason. Lol i figured groot was perfect for here :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Like @Deepsix , I use the runoff for my wife’s herbs on the deck

3 Likes

I give the run off to my vegetables

2 Likes

I do the same but dilute it with more plain water before I give it to the outside plants.

1 Like

Yah i do aswell i mix it with water

2 Likes

it isn’t wasted. Our outdoor flowers like Jack’s almost as much as the one I grow indoors

3 Likes

We ust the runoff( about 10 gallons a day) on outdoor grow and veg garden and all are doing great. A weel left to hand and the veggies are awsome. Were gitting tomatoes and cantaloupe and watermelons and cucumbers every day its crazy.

3 Likes