Calypso - The Spring Grow (WWA) 🐬

Thermal density was my concern as well… I don’t want to run active if possible but finding decent heat sinks is challenging. Thanks for all the advice :+1:t2:

Total watts - thermal watts = par watts???

Is this a correct interpretation?

1 Like

You got it.

There’s just not a lot of options for passive cooling that big. If you dropped to 1050ma with vero c’s you could use 140mm pin sink from rapid. But I wouldn’t run those any hotter than that.

1 Like

Cooliance will drill and tap for free. They have a 5”x5”x2.5” specifically for the Vero COB’s. $90 for six.

Still looking at potential options. I am in no hurry. I am buying pieces and parts here-and-there

Have a part number or pic?

1 Like

@dbrn32 - the manufacture number is CPL12770QF-101. Cooliance is the brand. Not sure if they make or if they private label a mass produced Chinese part. I think they make them.

1 Like

They are probably a Chinese company, but that’s not a big deal. Those look like they would work, very similar to the ones I have actually.

When I bought them I paid about $15 per unit too. But there was minimum order quantity of 10 pieces and it was about $85 in shipping. All said and done I had $10 of them for about $240 after cc fees. I ran citi 1818’s on them at about 80 watts and they seemed to do fine.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for checking :+1:t2:

1 Like

COB’s came in today. Gonna set aside for now. Heat sinks are next then a couple of Meanwell 300 watt drivers …:metal:

1 Like

Two of the four did not germ… First time this has happened with ILGM beans. Should report the stock number to them for reference… They were the last two of a five pack…

No names for these two… just “A” and “B”

I have to set the RDWC up today sometime. Wanna be ready in advance…

:sunglasses::metal:

1 Like

IP68 waterproof junction boxes came in finally…

I can finish my strip lights now :grimacing::ok_hand:

2 Likes

… thank you auto-correct for knowing I use the term “junction box” all the time…

Try terminal junction… that’s better

1 Like

Babies…

1 Like

We will call it week 1…

Caly A

Caly B

2 Likes

@dbrn32 - I see what you mean. The EB strip @50 watts each run pretty cool. Passive cooling from the flat aluminum will suffice. Bright as hell :sunglasses::metal:. Thanks again for the recommendations.

Now to build a kick ass light using those 6 Vero COB’s!! Already have the design drafted :grimacing:

2 Likes

Very nice! Glad you’re happy with the setup too.

1 Like

Fits nice! I will cut inline in about a month

2 Likes

Caly A

Caly B

2 Likes

Everything’s looking great :+1::v::bear:

2 Likes

Thanks MB!! :metal:

1 Like