Caligurl's 2021 Mushroom Grow

So, I know you’re not a fan of the lemon-tek… Wife isn’t either so tried something a little different. We use ground / in capsules and they sometimes upset her stomach as many experience.

Tried taking them with some fresh lemonade and sipping on it for a bit in the first 30 minutes. Seemed to help significantly with her uneasy stomach feelings.

May be worth considering if anyone experiences stomach discomfort. Would be very interested to see if others have the same experience.

1 Like

I do every other day. I should take 2 days off since I have built a tolerance. I now have to take about 0.7 grams to get a little zing out of it. If I took a week off I’d be back to 0.5g for a little zing.

1 Like

What I understand is that the acid in citrus drinks speeds the breakdown of psilocybin into psilocin.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get that… but when we’ve done the lemon tek and used ground shrooms is when we’ve always had the stomach upset thing. I’m sure everyone one is different. I was told that the acid in orange juice will help bring you down faster… probably exactly why the acid in lemons helps it come on quicker.

2 Likes

I believe it also helps break down the cell structure which explains both the faster come up as well as easier digestion.

3 Likes

Yes, because the cell structure of mushrooms is very hard to break down if not impossible. That’s why you either grind it or chew it very well. They are not tasty by any means :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

In the OLD DAYS we used Kraft FRENCH DRESSING poured into the fins and just swallowed them down like oysters. LOL of course we were still in the Pasture at that time.

3 Likes

LOL… I just eat them with pizza (that’s my favorite way).

2 Likes

I crush 'em up and down the hatch they go. Not in my mouth long enough to taste them.

6 Likes

Sometimes we would just saute with onions and mix some eggs in and scramble um, great breakfast but dont remember the afternoons!

4 Likes

I’ll bet not LOL!!!

2 Likes

Thanks for linking me over here!

1 Like

Lol found your Journal :joy::rofl::joy::crazy_face::crazy_face::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Have you thought about using coffee grounds too? Just wondering, sorry im so far behind, lol catching up slowly

1 Like

I added a small
Amount last round and it didn’t seem
To make a difference. What made a difference was the mushroom compost

4 Likes

Where did you find the mushroom compost

1 Like

It was at a local garden center where you can buy bulk sand, gravel, dirt, etc… The only issue I had was, based on the pungent smell of it, didn’t get composted vaery long so I had to spread it out on a tarp in the sun (like 100 F) for about 4 months!

1 Like

Wish i could find some around here

1 Like

Yeah us too… she lives across the canyon in between 2 big lakes and I think the moisture is what they love.

1 Like

I have been following this post … sometimes a bit over my head (not so smart with math & chemistry) but, one day, when I have extra funds, I hope this post is still around,cuz I’d LOVE to grow some myself! Bets of luck to anyone doing it, pretty sure @Caligurl has it all covered and in great detail!! Thank you Caligurl! That’s a LOT of typing with no ability to ‘speak-type’ in here… why is that? Or is it just me & I’m doing something wrong? I still haven’t figured out the ins and outs all around the site and I’m still looking for a page I saw 3 months ago or so that gave definitions on verbiage that I don’t know… if by chance somebody has that page bookmarked, could you drop it here? I’d be truly thankful!

1 Like