California Indoor then Outdoor Organic Soil Auto Grow

I started germination 2/16, sprouts 2/20.

2 Likes

yes, you do well with them. I swore off autos last year after growing 9 of them and not getting anything close to my photo plants.

2 Likes

@AAA I had that happen one grow too. I’ve learned that starting them off indoor for about a month, then gently transplanting then once outdoors the way to get decent yields.

If they get stunted or shocked in the first few weeks of life they don’t have time to recover like photos do. They also prefer soil not heavy with fertilizer, so I added a lot of peat into the mix.

54°, it was sprinkling a little while ago.

8 Likes

I was just thinking one thing you do that I’ve heard nobody else mention is using the peat and perlite letting the roots breathe also big bags more room to grow. I’m going to be trying it myself I hope it works half as well for me. I really appreciate your sharing your grow. :grin::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

You’re most welcome @Amazon66 my pleasure!

An exciting rain storm blew through this afternoon and gave them a shower.

6 Likes

I’ve never tried autos before but I may in between my others just to try

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice… that I’ll never use! I’m starting an anti auto movement. I’m even converting my car to manual trans…

3 Likes

7 Likes

Can’t believe how happy they,their leaves praying to the sun. My seeds are being started as we speak for my outside run so I’m hoping all the craziness right now won’t keep me from getting soil, peat and perlite I better start looking now.Congrats on a beautiful grow so after these photos?

2 Likes

Yes, I plan to start photo bean germination on 4/6 or 4/7 under a Libra :libra: moon.

Right now a good time to drop beans too.

4 Likes

Good morning :v: I’m curious, what is the smallest pot you’ve used for living soil?

2 Likes

Good morning @GreenJewels

Any size container you like. I wouldn’t go any bigger than 11 gallons indoor. A lot of folks like to use 3, 5, or 7 gallon ones.

1 Like

I have some I’m wanting to start from a forum friend so wanted to drop at good time, I was thinking about now thanks again

1 Like

I have limited floor space 38"×38" I’m thinking of using the 7 gallon containers I have on hand I just wanted to make sure they’re big enough to support the photos. Thanks :v::green_heart: enjoy your day

1 Like

If you’re going with early April under Libra moon so will I. :sun_with_face::seedling::seedling:

2 Likes

Big has inspired me. Im dropping on 4/6. Hash Plant x Afghani and Uncle Festers #18 Skunkbud. At least 4 of each, even though I normally like to germ a whole pack, Ive already got 14 Granny Skunks(VA beach Afghani x Skunk) above ground, So, would be way too much.

Libra moon drop!!!

3 Likes

I’m trying to decide how many of the ones you sent I should drop at once. I’m really getting stoked, seems my plants are the only thing that I want to mess with right now. I sat in my grow room floor earlier trimming alittle and talking to girls.,sucks being stuck at home by myself thru day at night my husband afraid of bringing me germs from work sits in back area of house by himself

1 Like

Oh damn, that sucks.

I would drop 2-3x more than you want to end up with and start culling any weaklings, then get rid of the males.

I always tell people to do that, then I end up with twice as many plants as I wanted!

Do as I say, not as I do!!!

1 Like

Yeah gonna have to hurry make up my mind cause first part of April around the corner. Yes big123 really has it going on I’m stocking up on peat and perlite to go with my soil really think that good but loose soil is his secret and worm castings. :sun_with_face::seedling::seedling:

Today a good time to start indoors, Taurus :taurus: moon :crescent_moon: waxing after the New Moon. Libra :libra: moon supposed to best for any plant grown for their flower.

@Amazon66 are you starting them indoor? Or growing outdoors? Both?

A crisp 55 degrees out there today.

7 Likes