Brown spots on second grow

I dont use the 444 as it does not have any cal or mag in it. I use the home grown for that. Worm castings have some cal in them. I use organic calmag even still, but I am in coco so more calmag is needed. If you are supplying calmag but having cal issues your root zone pH could be off. 6.2 to 6.5 is where I stay. If you are in that range you need more cal in there. Just my ideas man. I never have these issues in organics. Ditch that 444 and get the homegrow veg in the green bag. It has cal and mag.

1 Like

Soil acidifier will bring down your ph. Top dress with some

Thanks! I’ve got the vegetable/tomato blend too. I just figured by pitching the dolomite, I put too much calcium in my soil. How do I find your grow journals? I’d like to read up on what you’re doing.

1 Like

I will tag you.

1 Like

Assume stuff! Thanks

1 Like

Keep in mind I am in 50/50 pro mix up and FFoF. I understood the pro mix was buffers with calcium. I also top dressed with dolomite about 3 weeks from germination. Do you still think I am having a calcium deficiency?

I have home through a bunch of your grow journals so I’m studying what you’ve been doing. :blush:

Btw, I have some seeds popped from Elev8 genetics and they are in coco, perlite worm castings and Dr earth 444, I also amended with dolomite. They look good so far but I’m guessing i’ll need to watch soil ph 1st and then start using cal mag if signs of deficiency?

I’m thinking that soul acidifier might be the key.

Here’s those in coco. I’ve got gelato punch, snoops punch, and Runtz from Elev8, 3 plants of each fort pheno hunting. Just did some LST today.

1 Like

@Axemanjake23 I think you saved my plants! It took about a week for the soil acidifier to kick in. Been watering with water at 6.2ph and my soil ph finally dropped under 7.0. The two worst plants, front and back left, got under 7 a couple days earlier than the back right. I won’t set any yield records, but I’m confident I’ll pull some decent bud now. Trichome production had really ramped up too. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Man glad to help. They look very happy to me and looks like a little time left to put on the thickness. Hell ya. I always keep a bag of that stuff around.

1 Like