Brown spots on second grow

I am on my second grow. Attempting a couple autos. 2 are looking good. The 3rd, a blueberry, has recently started showing these spots. Plant is 6 weeks and 3 days from seed. About 2 weeks into flower

Soil is 50/50 FFoF with pro mix. Also added perlite about 25%.
I top dressed with worm castings and 50/50 mix of Dr earth 4-4-4 and 3-9-4 per Mr Canucks Grow.
Ph in is 7.0 from tap water which has 150ppm
Run off water is ph of 6.5
6 days ago I pitched 2T of pelletized dolomite
Have dosed cal/mag by advanced nutrients twice since then thinking it’s a cal/mag issue.
Temps run upper 60s and humidity averages around 60%
Lights are 350 watts at the wall of led that I built using the Pacific light concept plan.

Any thoughts as to what I’m dealing with?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking a call/mag deficiency, but is it possibly over watering?

Just came across this:

1 Like

@dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @Cannabian @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower

1 Like

That almost looks like it could be leaf septoria. Calcium deficiency usually has a rusty look are edges, and i don’t really see that in pictures. I do see that it looks like small circles in some areas, which made me think septoria. I don’t know for sure though, just a guess looking at pics. Leaf septoria can set in from leaves sitting wet or if there is poor air circulation. Do you think either situation is possible for that plant?

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s poor air circulation. I have two fans running. One is oscillating.

I do notice it primarily on the upper leaves.

I think you have too much P - I followed same recipe and once I cut out the bloom nutes it cleared up.

Also you’re going organic - might wanna steer clear of calmag as it’s synthetic. Try oyster shell instead :+1:

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. Didn’t think I’d that. Thanks.

@Sirsmokesalot can I just let them go out do I need to flush…assuming it’s phosphorus toxicity.

In googling that, I bet you’re right.

Flushing won’t do anything since you’re using slow release. You’ll have to ride it out. Maybe throw some worm castings in and a little more 4-4-4. Just add a little extra veg time and you’ll be fine :+1:

I did read somewhere that advanced nutrients states to back off the nutrients when growing autos. Maybe I should have done so with organic nutrients as well??

You shouldn’t have that issue with organic - I’m sure there’s a line in the sand not to cross but anything close and you’re fine.

1 Like

So here’s where I’m at in this grow. Week 5 of flower or day 32 specifically. I’ve been dealing with what is assume it’s a calcium deficiency. The pistils are turning orange. I bought a bluelabs soil ph meter. Soil runs around 7.3ph. up until I bought the pH meter, I had been ph’ing my water to 6.9. now I am watering at 6.4ph. I add molasses twice a week at a dose of 2T per gal. My de chlorinated tap water runs at 150pps. My other two autos, amnesia Haze and northern lights are doing good. Other than slightly orange pistils on a couple northern lights bud sites, they look good.

Any thoughts as to what I need to do on the blueberry? I did top dress with Dr earth 394 and worm castings at week 3.5.

@dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Cannabian

2 Likes

Have you checked runoff ppm? May just be a little hungry. I also don’t typically ph that high, usually closer to 6.

2 Likes

What he said!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I’ll get my ph water going in close to 6.0

Runoff ppm is 2200.

I’m wondering if I don’t excess calcium issues. Medium is half pro mix up and FFoF. Thinking I had a deficiency, I to dressed with 2T of dolomite.

Being that I’m in week 6 of flower, do I have any options left?

I said f it and ran 6 gallons of 6.6ph dechlorinated tap water. Runoff ppms were 600 after gallon 4. After gallon 6 they were 310. Gonna top dress with Dr earth 394 and worm castings and see what happens. :woman_shrugging:t2:

@Axemanjake23 I see you use Dr earth. That’s what I’m trying to do. Would you care to chime in?