Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

@Kilgoretrout
I did not sleep last night. I thought that I had offended you. That certainly wasnā€™t my intention. My profession, before I became disabled, was all about helping and empowering people. @pptrsha1 it hurts when you say/think that I would try to ā€œdiminishā€ someoneā€™s feelings. I know my experiences are different from everyone elseā€™s. Their feelings are valid, no if, ands, or buts.
I am a terminally nice guy, and an emotional sponge. I soak up whatever I come into contact with, especially when I have done or said something that hurt feelings. Thats when my demons come out and I beat myself up for it over and over. I really do hope everyone, not just this group, finds some happiness and peace of mind in their lives. The world would be a much better place.

10 Likes

Iā€™m not offended in the least! I also hope that I havenā€™t offended you or anyone else for that matter. You asked a question and I tried to answer it thoughtfully and honestly.

Iā€™ve read quite a few articles lately about chronic use of marijuana and itā€™s potential negative effects. It seems that now weed is legal, both for medicinal and recreational purposes, in more states in the US and around the world, that weā€™re starting to see more thoughtful research. Unfortunately some of that research doesnā€™t paint a very flattering picture. Others do.

I love weed and will probably always use it in one form or another, but I personally feel that itā€™s important to view both sides, whether I agree with it or not.

6 Likes

For years my Doctor encouraged me to try medication instead of self medicating with marijuana, I finally broke down and said ā€œfine, Iā€™ll try it.ā€ Luckily for me it helped, but thatā€™s not going to be the case for everyone and I know that.

2 Likes

Edibles have the longest lasting effects, as thc is processed through the liver. Once you figure out your dosage with out overdoing it, you just invest every hour, and youā€™re pain free.
This is what I have to do especially when I have a migraine episode. Capsules have been the single best option Iā€™ve tried that work well all day. Dosing is the first challenge.

8 Likes

Hereā€™s something that might helpā€¦ (iā€™m pretty sure the link is allowed since I posted it somewhere here in the forum a while agoā€¦)

3 Likes

Page not found!

1 Like

Funny, it works for meā€¦ let me find you another oneā€¦ :nerd_face:

Try this one and let me know if it works, pleaseā€¦ :

5 Likes

Thanks @kaptain3d thatā€™s really helpful. Iā€™ll be bookmarking that.

4 Likes

I only wish I had a place local that tested flower. Just to know.

3 Likes

They have a kit u can get to test the thc off your bud. If thats what u wanna do. Not sure how it works or how well but they have a kit for it think u grind up a bud and add solutions at it gives a breakdown on it

3 Likes

@Enlightened420 what is TCM massage? All I can picture is you getting massages while watching Casablanca (Turner Classic Movie) haha.

Iā€™m very happy for you that you were able to have a relaxing weekend. My relaxing weekend is just three days away! Yay! No kids for a whole weekend and a day of horseback riding.

3 Likes

Traditional Chinese Medicine with acupuncture, It was amazingā€¦

7 Likes

Enjoy my friend, soak up some peace and harmony and just enjoy BEING :v:

3 Likes

So Iā€™ve never liked being massaged, even by my wife or girlfriends past. Should I just bite the bullet and try it? It seems expensiveā€¦

1 Like

I can only speak from my perspective. For 20 years I have abused my body, in an industry, bodies arenā€™t designed to facilitate, working too hard and to the point of exhaustion at times. I also have a neck injury from when I was a child, I severely damaged it falling from a great height, I get migraines, tension headaches, interferes with my sleep and basically makes my life less enjoyable, as anyone who carries pain everyday knows wellā€¦
I never liked massages either,
but Iā€™m coming around.
The Oriental Master I had knew where my pain was intuitively,
she had very strong hands and remarked often how I must be in agony constantly, to which I either grunted in pain or groaned at the instant relief from concrete hard, knotted muscles receiving much needed release. I have spoken at times about my shoulder,
which I injured years ago and has never made a full recovery,
every scan came back normal,
I would say ā€œitā€™s my body,
I know when Iā€™m in painā€
This lady knew, she said
"You hurt your shoulder a long time agoā€¦ Strained tendon.
Now you carry all that pain in your body, radiates to your neck and back. I fix for youā€¦
Did she ever, I have not been able to raise my arm above my head, without pain, for 2+ years, the relief is tremendous and there is zero tension in my neck.

I am a believerā€¦

10 Likes

Hi @Kilgoretrout im a male massage therapist
2 years full time study and 8 years practice.
Find someone that respects this point your presenting and if they any good there is ways around virtually every situation.
Have a bad experience at this point in your journey with massage would be a backwards step.
Can be so healing and beneficial on so many levels.
I wont have just anyone work on me.
Yep there is that finacial wall that can get in the way too.
I had sliding scales for payment also have x amount get one free.
Pay by donations.
Its all about healing on all levelsā€¦
My approach is if i cant help or support you i want to support you finding the help and support thats going to work best for you.
Not one modality works for the same for everyone.
My body really respond well to acupuncture as well as a good massage therapist.
You can do a week end course over here and put a sign out claiming your a massage therapist. Thats not what you want.
Could even be some trauma your not even aware of that blocks you. Who knows.
Good luck with your grow

7 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for that post! Massage is something Iā€™ve never thought much about because Iā€™ve never enjoyed the amateur experiences Iā€™ve had.

Iā€™m on board! I think there might be a massage in my near future.

3 Likes

Well everyone Iā€™m back Iā€™ve been battling myself really hard these past few weeks thatā€™s the main reason I havenā€™t been on here or anything, Iā€™ve been slacking so bad on life. This thing that they call addiction is really a mother itā€™s a hard thing to control, Iā€™m going on a year clean and itā€™s only getting harder for some reason yesterday I almost broke down and went and got some stuff but I realize that itā€™s not a good idea so I called a few people and talked it out and went to sleep woke up this morning feeling a lot better after my wife helped me in the grow room last night. It was a great bonding moment and my brother now wants me to teach him how to grow and everything so that will be a good thing to help me keep my mind busy. For everyone out there thatā€™s battling addiction donā€™t let it get you down keep pushing through the best side Of addiction is that you have the choice to leave it alone and to make your life a lot better for the future.

13 Likes

I had a friend in college that was 13 years sober. I went to meetings with her. Since that time I adopted a common saying and try to live my life by it. ā€œGod, grant me the serentity, to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.ā€ That way of thinking helps me. Maybe it will help someone else out there. Peaceā€¦

5 Likes

11880682_980704525301041_8306243039785026127_nlive addict

12 Likes