Brand new, saying hello!

Which LED did you get? Looks like you have it to close. With LEDs the heat isn’t the issue, the intensity is.

1 Like

We started off with a brand called “HiGrow” a 300w. It was a decent price and seems to work great. I will definitely lower the plants. Thanks!

1 Like

80$ on amazon.

2 Likes

i have one in a 2by2’ area and it works just fine!!!

this is a northern lights xl in said box with higrow 300w

3 Likes

@Minnow55 We started out with the Higrow 1000. Its a great light. We liked it so much we just ordered a second one. Good luck with your grow​:v::seedling::sunglasses:

https://www.amazon.com/HIGROW-Optical-Spectrum-Greenhouse-Hydroponic/dp/B01N7GBF2S?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

@BIGE
Since your using the same light as @Minnow55 can you give him a height for the light he should be at? Im thinking around 25" or so?

1 Like

I think 25 is probably good. I’ve read all different height suggestions. I am going to drop them down today. BUT… I don’t have a pic this morning, but the LEAVES!!! they’ve all perked up… I think they love their new light! Thanks for all the help everyone!

1 Like

full power i’m at 18’‘to 20’’ or so when more mature…
with seedlings yes,back them off 24to36’’ start far away and slowly bring them in,or out…lol
i like when they shift gears and you have to move them back!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

ok, so an update since it’s been a few weeks… we lost one plant completely to burn. The second guy is doing okay He (she) keeps on growing. Still though they’ve never made it past like 4". Another set back with Hurricane Irma, but again the 2nd plant is still going. It’s going to be amazing to see where this one goes. Reset up our closet now that we have power again. Germinated another 4 of our bag seeds and into the closet they’ve gone. We’ve moved our crazy strong LED WAY up to the top of the closet. I’m guessing at least 36". I’m thinking we were definitely way too close for the babies. Got our watering schedule down now to just about once a week. The fabric pots and coir are really a game changer. I think our first batch of babies were so stressed they couldn’t thrive. We are still hanging IN… I’ve caught up on some of the other journals here…Ya’ll are giving me HOPE! again thanks for all the help, see where this goes.

2 Likes

Hey @Minnow55 just a FYI you shouldn’t feed them until round feeder leaves fall off they will carry the plant till they do also the first two weeks or so you’ll see minimal growth cause they are building the root system which is the plants foundation if the roots are weak the rest of the plant will be as well
You see them ale you ff around week three from sprout happy growing brother just some basic info
:cowboy_hat_face: :v: CB

1 Like

Not much to update. Feels like it’s been forever. I have one original plant left and looks like it’s finally taking off. 4 more we germinated, one died one didn’t grow at all. The other two… one is tiny and the last one looks robust and great! Changing up our pots and lights was a drama. I feel like we’ve been at this for 2 mos with very little progress. Actually I’m glad because these were “donated” bag seed so we could learn. First pic is the original plant 2 nd pic is our robust “girl”. Crossing our fingers they thrive and end being females!!

1 Like

Sooo this just happened. Today when I turned my light on… this plant was fine… any body have any thoughts?? I’m about ready to cry

2 Likes

It might just be me, but I would gently stand her up (more light on tops if leaves), and add a little more soil to support her - and make sure the light is as directly overhead as you can.

Styrofoam cup (or plastic, can’t tell) = no air, poor drainage. Think about a different pot or poke lots of big holes for aeration and drainage.

The second pic looks like a cucumber plant… :wink:

Haha about the cuke plant. Who knows they were free seeds lmao! And yes on the advice! I will try it. They’re solo cups. I’ll put some holes. Thanks!

you could also put a chop stick or something into the soil, and loosely wrap a bread tie around both plant and stick to help support her until she gets a bit stronger…

2 Likes

For that little seedling, you might do more harm than good!!! Just prop it up with dirt, add about 1/2" of soil to the whole cup once it is standing, then spray the dirt carefully with water to “solidify” it. In a day or 2 the roots will take.

Also probably had some bad stuff in the soil if it has been sitting in dank water.

One of the experts on here could tell you if you should flush it or not, but the top doesn’t look too wet.

You can put soil pretty far up the stem if needed, as long as the leaves have good clearance all around (meaning below the first leaves)

stand her up with a stick and tie her down with a bread tie…jmo

1 Like

New pics… Still working on these Littles buggers. It’s been very slow growing. Literally. But we’re still going. My fabric pots got mold on the outside so we repotted. One looks super good, the other one actually looks like it has little pistils coming up. Maybe a female already? I need a fan to lower the humidity and also I’m going to start using distilled water from now. I’m watering once a week only. No nutrients yet. Any input is appreciated, thanks all!