Blurple Buyer’s Support Group

Hi everyone, new grower here and the first lights i got were blurple but ILGM saved me before i used them for too long. Shout out to @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410. Had to order better ones but they’re still not adequate. Now im running 2 1000w full spectrum LEDs AND the blurple hahaha I’m already looking like an idiot at this point, so might as well right?

Those amazon reviews man, them. Anyways, im still recovering and im almost back to full recovery once that hlg qb comes to my doorstep in the fall for my second grow around September/October after I move to my new place.

Peace

4 Likes

Go big or go home right?

1 Like

@NeoGroR Forgot to mention, I think your original post should be a review on every blurple light on amazon haha

@dbrn32 yeah, I mean whats the point of growing bud if its going to be shitty. Thanks for opening up me eyes

2 Likes

You have to omit the f bombs, but I agree.

1 Like

I JUST figured out how to blur them. My bad, thanks for the heads up

Congratulations! The first step is realizing you have a problem.

1 Like

@Vosnok

We’d like to hear your blurple story!

There not that bad for germination and a lil veg area trusted I finish with hps but they start in the blurple. my next experiment is to see if the uv helps pigment my pink lemonade and bring out the pink buds I’ll keep y’all posted but this is the veg for now! These babies are waiting another 4 weeks for the flower tent to have some availabilityIMG_20200719_160852421|666x500

Ok I am not only a first time blurple buyer but stubborn as well.
Rather than scrap my one year old Kind XL 600 I married it to 4 PLC Photo Boost strips.

In addition to stubborn, I should add Slow Learner too. Here are blurple purchases 2 and 3. I needed extra light because I germinated too many seeds.

I use them to veg and am looking forward to some winter lettuce. :leafy_green: :leafy_green:
I almost forgot. I have one of those cheap 4 armed bendy LED (It actually works for germinating seeds - have 3 jack herer autos under it now) and another Feit electric led I use to start vegetable seeds. You can not have enough BLURPLE. Something about compulsive buying disorder. Good Growing U-All

4 Likes

I have two of the 300’s and two of the 450’s.

That’s my dirty secret. I’m still using my 900 w viparspectra. I just couldn’t go cold turkey ( or afford another 550 Rspec at the moment lol)

4 Likes

Ok we’ll call it your methadone clinic. You’ll need to let go sometime. But we’re happy you’re happy.

2 Likes

I am still using mine too. My seeds and clones are under my 4 vp. Lights untill i build my new lights. After that the will go back into hiding once more to collect dust, and i will use my mars hydro lights in there place.

In with the new, reuse the old, and hide the supper old. Lol

1 Like

What makes a blurple a blurple exactly? Wouldn’t a “blurple” with the same led chips as a “good light”…be a good light? Forgive my ignorance.

@Eagles009 blurples have overwhelming blue and red leds and when run together produce a purple hue. Blue/red/purple= blurple.

Here is what I use my old blurple lights for.

5 Likes

Hi,

My name is Doug and I bought a blurple for my first grow. I bought a viparspectra 600 for a 2x2 tent and two plants. I know that this is not the best light, but I thought watts were the thing to research and all in not a bad first grow. My next light will be a high PAR light to get a better yield. Since I am new to growing I am trying to level up as I can while I am learning about all of the other aspects to growing I.e. Nutrients, watering etc. I guess I am un ashamedly not yet in rehab. This is the best hobby ever and I am enjoying learning while growing my own supply. I will continue to follow this thread and everyone’s journey to greatness.

4 Likes

Hi Doug, thanks for sharing with the group.

1 Like

I got mine as a kit with my tent and exhaust fan. Did alright on the first grow, but the buds never got really big. I see a huge difference already with my quantum board full spectrum LED. I’m only a couple of weeks in, but already I see more and better growth than I did on the first run. Furthermore, that result is despite problems I have had with nutes and my hydro setup.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you made the switch. Thanks for sharing.