Blueberry kush photo first grow

@Jackie_Daytona I feel like I didn’t take enough off. Instead of truly lollipopping I kind of left a bouquet at the end of each top along with whatever low originating buds caught enough light to make it to the canopy.

That’s why I’m going to mainline one of my clones and start a new journal in about 3 weeks. That way I can have an even symmetrical 8 tops and straight trim every branch that’s not a top cola.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @Cannabian @armoredgoat @zee @BigHuff2316

Are these just normal flowering colors? I’m only at like day 22 of flower and I just spotted one of my plants putting out purple striping on leaves up towards the top of the colas.

3 Likes

Hard to tell with one picture. Can you take a few more of the whole plant and one from top pointing down…

2 Likes

This is the only other one I got. The lights clicked out for dark period like a minute ago. It’s only like these few leaves. They’re the highest fan leaves sticking out of the top cola’s.

2 Likes

There’s no other real signs of stress. I’m pushing the temps a little low at night like 68 and then a high of about 81 during the day at the hottest. This particular plant is about 24 inches from the light. It’s neighbor the tall plant is like barely 16 inches from the light but showing nothing except a ton more trichomes than the rest of the plants.

2 Likes

Plant looks super healthy and happy. Looks natural to me. Not uncommon at that stage either.

4 Likes

Thank you @Zee. I kinda figured but I have no idea. Veg was kind of like garbage time at least for me, flower is more like something new is happening every week.

1 Like

Veg is boring, watching paint dry. Flowering is where it’s at! Exciting times ahead for you!

4 Likes

The closet clones do not look like they are gonna wait patiently for my cheap ass to buy a proper veg tent.

1 Like

Normal. Consider them fall colors. Could be genetics as well, but usually as to do with chlorophyll. Cooler temperatures inhibit chlorophyll production. Chlorophyll, you might remember from 6th-grade science, is the plant component vital to photosynthesis. Different genes and different cannabinoid ratios, flavor profiles, and anthocyanin are all factors. The most prominent variation to green cannabis is purple as seen in your pic. Think of the tree leaves in fall. As temperatures drop, they change from green to red, orange, yellow, or gold. Cannabis doesn’t produce the colors until the latter half of the flowering stage, with a few exceptions.

If You really want to see your plants change colors wait until the last two weeks of flower. Drop the temps during lights off to 58-60 and lights on period move the temps back to 70-75 (keeping it cool during lights on) Tricking the plant to thinking the end is coming. She will start showing fall colors and start ripening

1 Like

Yeah looks like a normal color change, most likely just genetics kicking in.

2 Likes

I had planned on dropping temps like that during the final flush. If for nothing else than to just increase the fall foliage look for my own enjoyment.

1 Like

I kind of regret not having a surviving clone from every plant now. Each plant smells incredibly different. The variegated plant smells like straight gasoline or something like I was shocked by the smell. The tall girl which I have a clone of smells like sugar, flowers, with maybe a hint of blueberry. The back right plant is something different altogether, I can’t even describe it. Like a combination between some sort of petroleum products and blueberries. The fall foliage plant doesn’t really have any smell at all yet. I expected diversity especially after seeing the difference in height and color between them all but they all smell like distinctly different weed types.

1 Like

Pushed the envelope a little too far with temps last night. I’m betting it got down to almost 60. The fall air I let into the room went down to almost 40% rH so the dehumidifier didn’t stabilize the temps in the high 60s. They are currently running with both lights pumping out the full 480 watts at like 77 degrees for the first time though.

1 Like

@ArmoredGoat you ever grow plants that won’t stop doing this? They were running on regular tap water ( pH 6.5 150 ppm well water) and it showed up so I threw in 5ml per gallon cal mag still got worse so then I threw in like 1.5-2 ml per gallon of floranova grow and still the top leaves are light and developing brown spots. They are clones off a larger plant that had the same exact issue but it was so big it could afford to shed a few leaves a week.

3 Likes

I have plants that are doing this that get plenty of cal. They also are showing good ph in runoff. I backed my lights off hoping that helps but I don’t at this point.

2 Likes

Flower update picture. I’m still waiting on that buds so fat they are engulfing the leaves look.

4 Likes

Yep, every once in a while I see this with my own plants. I have one in a tent with 5 others and only the one has this burn. What I’ve found was it’s the calmag. To much in my case… once I dialed back the calmag for this one plant no more “new” burn marks appeared, the old remain as once burned, they never heal.

I’d assume your tap has plenty of calcium already and your adding more probably is the cause. Maybe dial it back to half of what you’re giving changing up your waterings to F/W/F/W and see how it turns out.

Since I grow slightly different than most here and the bottom fan leaves get removed after each topping the troubled leaves will be something that will be removed sooner than later.

3 Likes

oh dude, just you wait. those buds are gonna fatten up waaay fatter than that, on my lsd you couldnt even see the sugar leaves no more really it was just solid bud mass. the tippy top of the cola weighed 18 grams. I cant wait to see what you end up with

1 Like

Nice bud factory @CitrusCircus :vulcan_salute:

And don’t feel alone, i have close to no patience when it comes to my buds either - i think my MAC1 knows this somehow so she’s torturing me… :thinking: :laughing:

1 Like