Blue Dream : First Indoor Grow!

I used 3 long zip ties to replace the hanging wires provided with my HLG lights. Left the original wire also attached as a back up.

Gained more headroom that way.

2 Likes

Official Sunday Funday Blue Dream Update : Start of Week 4!

this tent used to be my happy place. now it’s a source of worry. overall they still seem to be growing fine. thelma has become much stickier this past week and her buds are thickening up. she also has one bud with light bleach. i’ll look into raising the light this week. too much wheel spinning on my outdoor grow this week to deal with this.

can I /should I give them one more good defoliation? these are all sugar leaves now and quite sticky. it’s also getting really jungly.

Temps have been steady at 75-81.
I put a room dehumidifier in which has only helped a little but kept it to 45-55.

i still don’t know what to say about this rust business. it came on fast and hit almost every leaf of every bud. i flushed. i started feeding every day. today i’m skipping. i want to go back to every other just because. there has been slight progression but not at the rate that it first appeared. louise has a few leaves that have a few spots but it doesn’t SEEM to really be spreading? or it’s a calmag issue. input/insight appreciated.

3 Likes

Can’t put much in on that. I’ve never seen it personally.

1 Like

If it doesnt wipe off it looks like severe calmag… its not been peroxided huh?

nope no peroxide on this one. doesn’t rub off but totally looks like it should. also doesn’t look raised but i nearly went blind tryin to look at these under the cheap microscope.

the dots just start so tiny and the cal deficiencies i’ve seen in pics and in the other plant have larger almost rectangular checks. this is really red/gold too and pics of others look more brown. just a nuther one of those things with no clear answer that i’m gonna ride out either way i guess. i may start flushing once a week or every other. this salt based stuff is kinda scary sometimes.

do deficiencies just whack a plant that fast? this happened over like two days.

U are thinging Mag Deficiency. Its yellow to start. Then drains into brown boxes. image
Cal is brown n orange dots everywhere image
Diff deficiencies

2 Likes

no i’m def with you on the Ca thought train. i’ve had a few of those for sure, they looked just like the pic. these just look different- but now that the dots are running into each other it is starting to look more like the pic. but maybe different plants or phenos show differently. but… since it hasn’t really progressed much (i think?) after i flushed it still makes the most sense.

PH fluctuations can cause all kinda bs deficiency signs. Just try to go in and bring runoff in as consistent range as possible

2 Likes

Yeah, I still see calcium deficiency, maybe a touch of Potassium lacking. I’m guessing it’s a pH thing.

Edit: Phosphorus, I meant to say. I mix the two up.

2 Likes

I will be thrilled if this is the case. salt buildup coulda locked it out. these leaves are never gonna look better so have to see how the new growth does i guess.

Official Start of Week 5 Flower Update!

2 blue dream photos
Coco/perlite with Adv Nutrients bloom nutes + sensizyme, big bud, bud candy, nirvana and b-52
feeding every other day at 75%

Broke down and bought and AC and a dehumidifier. temps have been upper 70’s and humidity around 50%.

these babies are on autopilot with the exception of two long flushes. the rusting/deficiency is still with Louise. some of the top new growth is developing it but fortunately at a much slower rate than when it initially appeared. the older leaves are getting pretty crispy, not sure if it’s from more whatever it is, or that the vasculature was so badly damaged initially. the bottom buds under the canopy are NOT developing it. Thelma also has a few slight signs, but it’s on the leaves closest to Louise, which still makes me wonder if it’s not fungal. we’ve got 3 more weeks to go maybe, hoping we can limp over the finish line. i remain cautiously optimistic but not gonna lie, louise looks pretty bad. can’t tell if it’s affecting bud growth, she was always smaller than thelma.

buds are starting to look like buds. thelm’s are like cylinders and louise is looking more domed like a typcial bud. also some purple color is JUST starting to peek through. hard to show it on camera.

7 Likes

just a quick hello from our maturing ladies. louise has the stronger purple tones. thelma is still killing me with her stick straight hair do. she’s still outpacing louise in the growth department, and has since the beginning, but now’s about when that i wonder what this nasty whatever-the-heck-it-is rust is affecting her growth. but she IS growing. they are also STICKY AF and smell like lemon pinesol. screw growing outside. even though louise is having some major issues, she’s got 10x more frost than the outdoor ladies.

5 Likes

Looking good. Those pistils on Thelma look like a Yucca lol

2 Likes

3 Likes

Like the color!

1 Like

Amazing plants!

1 Like

Official Sunday Update: Start of Week 6

2 blue dreams
coco/perlite with Adv Nutrients Coco Sensi bloom nutes at 75%
Temps 75-83, Humidity 43-60%

Humidity has been higher than i wanted. i have a dehumidifier running 24/7 but while it’s lowering the room to 40%, the tent is staying much higher and my fan is maxed on 10. since getting the AC i started sleeping in this room again and i’m sure my respiration and the dog’s is raising things back up again at night. the weather has also been extremely humid, will see if tonight it’s different as it was actually really nice today.

I’ve now flushed 3x over the last two weeks. added extra Calmag to yesterday’s feeding. i ordered a new PH pen so i can double check if my existing pen is accurate.

Louise continues to crispify. The leaves under the canopy still remain pretty ok and the newer sugar leaves are developing the rust but more slowly. I’ve now flushed 3 times. added AN calmag yesterday.

Thelma is showing more signs as well, starting with the colas closest to Louise. hoping that at this pace she’ll finish before this really becomes an issue.

2 Likes

Whats with the repeated flushing? Have her ppms and ph been fluctuating?

just in case it’s a salt build up and i’ve got a calmag issue. i have new meters on the way.

Just out of curiosity where is your water coming from?