Blue Dream : First Indoor Grow!

thanks! we’re all in this together.

Out. F’ing. Standing. Louise and Thelma look great! :+1:

1 Like

awww shucks. thanks! i’ve had good help and encouragement along the way

Yup still going strong round here. Just stopped by to drop this :+1:t5: Til i get a few more

1 Like

Nice looking grow you have going on.

As far as gnats the adults don’t eat leaves they eat algae that can grow on the soil surface if moisture stays on top long enough to facilitate it growing. Then they reproduce at the soil level the larvae and the larvae will move through the soil seeking out food…and they can start eating the roots.
I’ve always had random small chunks taken from a leaf here and there but don’t really worry about that as I remove 50x the plant material that I’ve seen the mystery leaf eating critter take. If the bites are just a piece missing and not anything else I wouldn’t worry too much.

Again nice looking ladies you got it going on!

2 Likes

thanks so much!

Mid week update. louise, the more purple lady, has progressing CalMag deficiency. i fed two days in a row (regular nutes have calmag already in it) and today hit it with a little stronger straight calmag. thelma is not having these issues. Calmag seems to be a theme today.

1 Like

Hows her runoff pH? She should stop spreading soon. U dont want the sugar leaves to start drying up on u

2 Likes

I’d check ur ph and ppms of ur run off how often u water may need to inctrease

At least ur bd didnt strech like this one did in the back left

2 Likes

Fine looking plants! :eyes: back left dwarf everyone! Good thing she is in the back. Irrigation system in place. Lmao gotta love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

True. Might not be able to eat what you’re giving her if the pH is out of range. Haha, yikes @Killadruid!

1 Like

i could die and that room and no one would ever find me. and that would be totally ok.

it wasn’t my mad LST skills that kept it from stretching, think i got lucky cuz the buds are going to get a wee bit close to the lights in a few weeks.

i’ll check ppms if i feed tonight. i should. just had a killer headache all day. they had cal mag issues before and i just fed em every day and it fixed things up. i don’t measure Ph as the nutes buffer the roots to allow them to uptake everything with in a ph range of 4-8. i’ve tried to ask them more about ppm but their customer service is infuriating and every answer is “the good news is you don’t need to” instead of actually answering my question asking how the stuff works.

2 Likes

Lol I have 2 blue dreams on the left next to eachother. The one is a super bush the other is super tall like unreal

wow crazy how they can be so different. mine even smell different. did you get your seeds here?

1 Like

No them are humbolt seed organization blue dream

Official Sunday Update: Start of Week 3 Flower

2 blue dreams
coco in 7 gal fabric pots
advanced nutrients coco sensi ph perfect, sensizym, big bud, bud candy, nirvana, feeding (normally every other day at 75%)
2x4 tent
ES-300 LED

BUDS! and sticky, sticky leaves. it’s a gooey jungle. thinking i should take a bunch of the leaves… what do you think? i’m assuming these are no longer fan leaves but the sugar leaves? some of them get just as big as fans.

everything has been going fairly well. I was feeding as usual every other day at 75% blum nutes, but Louise started getting a slight Ca deficiency (i think). subbed in a CalMag feed and then back to normal. it started to progress so that the last two days fed her at 100%. I ordered ANs version of Calmag so that I don’t have to Ph and add any additional possible user errors. hopefully i get it tomorrow.

Louise is a little rusty. drat. IS THIS actually a CA deficiency? they started as perfectly round, tiny dots of rust. now i’m second guessing.

Thelma is looking good. they’re both putting on nice little, dense buds. Louise remains far stickier with a much stronger lemon pine smell.

2 Likes

Yup Louise looks to be the early favorite. Better structure, the smell, n the sticky! Now Thelma still has time… what was thr biggest diff early in the grow? Did either favor more indica leaves?

I wish I had kept track! they got bounced around between homes in the beginning and I think i may have even switched them up once while feeding them in the tub. another little learning note to self that there can really be variation between seeds of the same strain.

now just gotta get this rust under control. briefly freaked out that it may be mold. but her sister would probably have it too.

1 Like

Its more then likely calmag. If u rub it, does it leave? If not its something chemical in thr leaves thats off. No big worry (yet) n i always use diff color pots. Helps a ton with strain recognition. I also use labels now. Have too many strains to be playing the memory game :joy:

1 Like