Blk widow scrog 1st grow

They were sleeping… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

She looks great, I’m hoping mine look that good. It’s been 8 days on bloom and they are still gaining inches a day they are way bigger than 2 weeks ago. They are drinking 1/2 gallon every 2 days which is 2x more. I’m really happy with all of it just wish I had a 6x4 tent, they look great.

The pics are at screen level so u can see the growth over the week

This bottom one is Nov 29th
The other two today.

6 Likes

I am amazed by how different the temp is from canopy which is roughly 78° but the pots and under canopy is 61° so I gotta watch the soil and roots dont get to cold

I dont think that is too low. If it keeps dropping a small heater may do the trick. N they look good! Getting super bushy in there. That stretch is amazing isnt it. I look back at before n cant believe i watchd that so quickly

1 Like

It’s like buy clothes for the kids this summer clets were size 8 now getting winter boots there a size 10 that’s why I’m broke the grow out of everything in months not years I’d stop feeding them if they wouldn’t grow. Kids not plants. Lol smh
I’m running out of room in there, but I see Afina from @raustin grow and it kinda looks like that just bigger. I hope they look that good on day 78. Today is week 8 +1 so I got a month before I’ll see buds like that. I want to keep fimmin but I ain’t got the room. :smirk:

1 Like

Yup. Already looking like a tight fit in there lol. Ur def on ur way tho. Just keep’m happy

1 Like

I added a pic from nov 29th check it out

Riiight. Just :boom:

1 Like

Good day all!
It’s a cool 11° out today.
If you look at the pics I posted yesterday you can see that they have doubled in 2weeks in the midst of a flush, fim, and pruning not even slowing them down at all.
My question is can I do another under canopy prune or wait another week wait till after the “flower strech” the clean them out. I’m just thinking do it now while they are still resilient.

@raustin @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

I prune under the canopy after I flip to flower, so I would wait another week.

1 Like

But I’m in week 2 of flower shouldn’t I do it now b4 it starts showing buds

Just looking at pic above, I wouldn’t consider those plants 2 weeks into flower. I usually start that clock when I see pistils. Also, the plants aren’t really trained to the screen much, so I don’t really see any reason to take anything. With any luck you’ll get some of the lowers to make screen and then it will make a little more sense as to what should stay and what should go.

2 Likes

No I dont mean 2 weeks In its day 2 of week 2 since i went 12/12 I do have pistils on all four, white on 3 and some tanish ones on one. These girls have 2x in a week and still going. I’ve been lst the tops some more from bottom have routs to follow up to light. Just trying to make room for that I have some very old fan leafs on top that I’ve been stuffing down to let new growth up. I’ll take urs and @raustin advise wait a week or so and go from there. Thanx

I’m not a big fan of running scrog, but all you’re looking to do is get the screen full. Once you get there, or as full as it’s going to get, you don’t need anything that’s below the canopy. You can take a few of the upper fan leaves if they’re blocking a good bud site. But it’s more about only taking what you need to get decent light penetration early. When you get later into flowering you can get a little more aggressive with defoliation.

In my opinion, @MattyBear has a really good feel for taking enough without it being too much. I would probably scroll through his threads for some before and after pics to use as guidance.

5 Likes

Another black widow grower here… I’m not quite yet at a month, I’ll take better picks tonight with the light off. While I won’t pretend to know it all. Because who does lol. Uhm should I be smelling bud and having this much growth in my plants. They’re are not Auto which is my real reason,.

The 3 1gal pots were planted 11/15 and were growing very slow(which I discovered this strain has two ways of growing)

The 4 5gal pots were planted 11/17 they quickly took over the plastic cup. Once I transferred they damn near stopped growing. From reading feeds I realized the growth was beneath so it can be stable for the new larger pot.

Currently running on a 300w LED. Small heater set between 70-80° during the 18hrs daylight, with clip fan in the corner for airflow above plants but under the light. I have already removed any yellow leaves to help the energy flow to new growth. For nutes I’m using FoxFarm Liquid plant food Big Bloom. Used the recommended amount for general feeding for the first time this morning before lights on. I used organic soil to avoid the soil getting “too hot”. I’ll be starting a new forum soon but any advice/opinion

would be awesome

Growth I’ve been seeing along main cola, is this normal for under a month with a non auto?

2 Likes

They look good. It dose depend on which is which I’m growing ilgm blk widows which really is just white widow renamed I have no purple anyware on my girls so minebuds are going to be bright green with orange hairs, they are slow going but right in reg time limits. I am on day 2 of week 2 and they have doubled in height already. And pistils growing all up and down stem junctions

1 Like

Morning growers so for the 3rd time in ten days I’ve had to raise the lights cause of one plants vertical growth. If she grows another couple inches I’ll tie her tops down. The rest of the plants dont have that rapid growth vertically it’s more new growth heading up not the tops. I mean summer has 8 heads and they are all the same height and not going crazy. But steady growth. What you all think

5 Likes

I think its getting tight in that tent! :joy::joy: some dont stretch as much as others. Just right down/keep track of ur stretchers. This is what people mean by “how does it grow”. Valuable info to be able to give to a noob this time next year. Which strain is the stretcher?

1 Like

I did some moving around and cleaning the dead or dying stuff which was like 2 leads. The back left corner is mandy and she is shot up 3inches in her 4 main stems so I’m moving them around everyday to get more out from the bottom, but like you said its tight in there soon im gonna have to start picking who lives and who’s left in the dark.

1 Like

The stretch should be just about over with. Week 3 since flipping to 12/12?