Betty's Source Turbo Experiments

8 Likes

Winterized and triple filtered. Going into the Source, now.

I only washed 2.75 oz of the decarbed trim, so I still have 1.25 oz in my freezer.

The above pic shows a frosty glass making the solution seem cloudy. Here it is after filling the Source and wiping off the condensation:

6 Likes

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble! What Source-ery is this?!

20191031_195207

7 Likes

What’s the finished product look like?

It needs to finish drying. :grinning: Once finished, t will be made into CBD tincture.

1 Like

I’d say by 9pm tonight, it’ll be ready. When I run 5+ oz of THC trim, I usually get 6 grams of oil. Hoping to get 2.5 grams from this 2.75ish oz of CBD trim.

After being processed in the Source for 6 total hours AND after being farther purged for almost 10 hours (2 hours on a warming pad):

5 Likes

@Markjordan420 I suggest you go back and read the terms of service you agreed to on this forum when you signed up. You’re breaking the rules by putting all this information out there. I have flagged your post in another thread.

Your also being very inconsiderate of other people’s threads that you’re putting your information in!!

4 Likes

Thanks for saving me from saying something. Haven’t taken my CBD, yet.

2 Likes

3-4 grams final weight of oil
My scale only does whole grams; it’s flickering between 3 & 4.

6 Likes

Call it 4! Looks great, nice work.

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, If I want to make FECO, when you take it out to purge on the mat, how can you tell if the alcohol is gone. At that point, is it still liquid or become shatter like that? How can you suck it up into syringe?

Warm it up to liquefy it a bit, then pour it into your syringe. It’s not really shatter, at that point. More like a taffy. I don’t use syringes, except to fill vape carts, but if I did, I’d probably leave it runnier than I usually do OR mix it with a small amount of MCT, to make it flow.

For edibles and tincture, once it looks like one of these, I call it good:

7 Likes

Thanks. How can you tell whether you’re done purging the alcohol?

See above pics. :grinning:

The alcohol will be gone before other fluids. Honestly, unless you’re vacuum purging, there’s not a way to easily say, yep, that’s done, except to just let it dry for as long as possible. Once there’s no liquid floating on the oil and it starts to kinda ball up rather than smear on the mat, it’s safe to say that it’s as purged as you’re going to get it.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Okay, here is some Blue Dream’atic “live resin” QWET. It’s super green! Made everything it touched super sticky, too. This was made to try to salvage a screwed up plant. Kind of an experiment in “live resin” ethanol extracting.

It was frozen while wet (both freshly harvested and from a peroxide wash) at a minimum of -10 (temp dropped to -20 overnight) for 12 hours.

*Roughly chopped the frozen colas into the Ultrasonic Cleaner and covered the herb with 2 cups ice cold 190 proof ethanol

*Processed in the cleaner for 13 minutes, occasionally manually breaking up the bigger nugs as they began to thaw; temp never went above 0°C

*Strained via mesh sieve, then once through a coffee filter using the Buchner

*Put used herb back into Ultrasonic Cleaner, covered it with 1 cup cold ethanol (was only in freezer a couple hours) and processed it for 3mins30secs, without stirring once; the temperature reached 17°C

*Strained that through the sieve and then through the Buchner using 2 coffee filters

Now, that lovely plutonium green QWET will get frozen for 48 hours, then TRIPLE FILTERED before being run through the Source. Hoping to make dabby-shatter.

Note: usually, I don’t want this green color, but because of the frozen FRESH material and extra moisture, it wasn’t to be avoided. It’ll probably turn a beautiful shade of amber, once processed and purged. As long as I winterize and filter it properly, this should turn into some really tasty and potent concentrate.

Licked my fingers lots (not decarbed, unfortunately) and it tastes so good, alcohol and all.

7 Likes

If anyone wants to know how to scrub away chloraphyll or dark colors from your extract, it’s very easy but will result in the loss of quite a bit of the cannabinoids (I think it’s something like 20%).

I have no plans/desire to ever use this method, but thought I’d share it. As we all know, plans don’t always work out, so someday I might use this method. :grinning:

DE/Charcoal Scrubbing your Ethanol Wash

This is where I learned about it, with lots of follow-up in a Source users’ online group:

2 Likes

I stopped at the title. I don’t like polished things much. Except chrome. Chrome is cool.

4 Likes

Yeah, me neither. I’m ok with every color of oil. So far, hasn’t ever given me headaches or bellyaches.

3 Likes

Just started up The Source!

2 Likes