Beginning Journey- (3 Northern Lights Autos)

Cool, well it sounds like you got it under control for now. Just ride on a few more days and see what happens, I guess. :woman_shrugging:
Keep us posted! Good luck! :v:

1 Like

Definitely opened up from previous pic on post 55. Looks like your heading in the right direction. Did you dome her?

As @CalamityJane said, give her some time and see how she responds.

Continued success.

2 Likes

Those are the second containers I’ve seen like that. What are they and why did you choose them if you don’t mind me asking .

1 Like

Thanks. I domed her for the Day one but then decided to to not the carbon fan until the plant gets bigger just ensure the 70 RH

1 Like

They’re called air pots. Best way to use them is with drip irrigation from what I’ve read as a lot of water at one time can just pour out of the edges. Good aeration though. Expensive too for pots. Got these for about $25 a pop.

1 Like

I did for day one. The only reason I did dome her was because I couldn’t keep RH at 70% with carbon fan running. But I still didn’t trust the reliability of the dome keeping it at 70 RH so I just turned the carbon fan off until plant gets bigger. I can maintain the right humidity with it off.

1 Like

Will do. Day 4 in the wraps. We’re in day 5 above soil. Plant looking good.

1 Like

UPDATE: Day 8

Plant is looking good to me. New nodes. Increased watering to 200ml as of today.

2 Likes

Just tagging you guys and gals on the update. Day 8 pic above @Cannabian @Allinherhead @MrPeat @blackthumbbetty @PharmerBob @CMichGrower

Still worried about soil pH @ 5.6
Sterilized FFOF
Anything tips going forward or what to expect soon?

Thanks you all!

1 Like

Just be patient, dont over water. Plants can only grow so fast so let them do their thing. Once the branching starts ot will really pack on some size quickly.

1 Like

Without going back through the thread, did you ever take any steps to add the beneficial bacteria and fungus back into the soil?

Lots of products developed to help with root growth you could use.

1 Like

Gotcha @Cannabian

1 Like

No, I haven’t @CMichGrower. I did add a little bit of lime to the top of the soil but that will barely make a difference.

I do have cal/mag ready to use just haven’t yet. I know my pH isn’t in range for the uptake with cal/mag.

What would you recommend?

If you are using a nutrient line they may offer soil feeding products. If you need help picking just ask.

If you want an inexpensive introduction to feeding the soil with beneficial stuff there are two products you could try that are commonly available. Azos (bacteria) and Mykos (fungi). If you do a search for “Azos and Mykos free samples” you will find a site that charges about $10 to cover shipping and handling. The products are supplied for a variety of applications. The most common time they are applied is when transplanting, you cover the roots with powdered products. You are beyond that, but they offer a sample that can be “brewed” and applied as a watering. Brewing involves putting the powdered product in a bucket of water and supplying oxygen using an air pump and air stone for a couple days while the stuff is reproducing.

2 Likes

Thanks @CMichGrower Im going to further into these suggested products.
I’ve just got the GH trio and some cal mag.

‘A’ looks to be curling
‘B’ looks to have that little yellow marks near edges and slightly curly on the tips.
‘C’ and ‘D’ look droopy on the tips

What do you think?
@blackthumbbetty @Cannabian @Allinherhead @CMichGrower @PP3121 @MrPeat @PharmerBob

I see nothing worriesome, at this point.

1 Like

Keep on keepin on brudda! Call me when there is a real problem or a real success! :100:

3 Likes

Lol you got it.

1 Like