Basic questions

No rush right? Remember that in nature, metabolism changes, leaves turn colors and begin to die and fall off. Deficiencies are part of this process and should be expected. So as you water only, the plant will start to cannibalize its own internal stored nutrients. You will begin to see the the lower leaves yellow and die off and soon there should be not many if any sun leaves left. The trichome production should be at its peak.

1 Like

Hey ill keep pic ip every couple days til u guys think it looks good. Its my first one so im taking ur guys word for it. I really dont know but i do catch on quick for the most part. Not in a rush at all i just wanna make sure im not to the point where the stuff will be no good or not ripe enough i know reading it says sativas are 12 to 16 weeks in flower indicas usually 10 to 12 maybe. Well its super close to 10 and a half is all why i am asking. Id be cool with another month if it would not mess it up. I want the best i can get with what i got for the time being and when i have the right lights i will have a good understanding for my next grow. I do think after i pop all these autos im gonna do str8 photos. But hey that could change too.

1 Like

There is not a whole ton of leaves on that plant. Never has been. Its like a leafless tree almost its weird next to the sativas. They filled out and i stripped them like 4 times. Never on this. Just a leaf here or there that lookd like poop. Mostly bottom leaves. Plant has always been darker green. It is real small. I ended up flipping the switch with the other 2. 2 i started the same exact time and day popped and all and there is about a 2 foot difference lol. But all in all looks like there is a good oz and a half or so right now just looking but that would be wet. I wanna really see if these damn leaves change color beca i se for about 4 months they been dark green like u see.

Thats seems indicative of an indica or strong indica leaning pheno. Bubblegums, and many old school hashplants, m17 mighty mites and a few others have a tendency to grow that way. They are also dark greenish and perhaps that might be a metabolism thing? Perhaps a pigment or maybe sensitive to Nitrogen?
Anyway, some of the above strains can have phenotypes that produce much better than others, its a bit hit and miss, seed to seed. You may get an ounce of one pheno and a quarter pound off another? The quality can be very different as can the terpine profiles.
Ive had dud plants lots of times. So.e of the runts can produce nice buds though.

1 Like

Yeah the smaller indica and the smaller sativa buds are real nice looking frosty smell super nice. The big one does too but the little one i think gonna be a lil bit more potent. If i get the dry and cure right

1 Like

So another question for yall. Now that im gonna take 2 down in about week and a half 2 weeks. Should i strip the fan leaves off leave them. If so when should i do it.

Week before harvest is usually recommended.

1 Like

Ty appreciate all ur help.

@Covertgrower. Do u know of a scoobysnax name on here. Seems like a bot or something. 1 post advertising about some free site thing ? Is this normal. Its on grizz718 post at the end

@Mark0427 while it is on the edge of forum rules, it’s a beneficial bacteria link. ILGM does sell nutrients.

The post has been up about free stuff for awhile. Good looking out. Both members are newer to the forum.

No, we don’t allow advertising. Amazon links are okay though. We have a partnership with them.

1 Like

Okay just seemed weird out of all the post ive flipped thru ive never seen that yet and i figured it was against rules. Hell im afraid to say a company name or anything because i dont want to violate rules. I enjoy it here so far. Great ppl doing things i am really enjoying. Wish i would have got into it sooner in ways. Its very relaxing and calming to me. While im at it. Is there ways u can search peoples journals to see what they did so far and all. I wanted to check out someones journal about w.w. and i could not figure out for the life of me what to do to get to that part

Most people, if you click on their name, you can see recent activity, and the most recent topic they’ve created. Or you can always ask the member to tag you in their journal. You can also type in their user name in the search bar.

Company names are allowed, just no links. Most people are internet savvy enough to find it. Seed bank links are definitely frowned upon.

I also really enjoy it here, and find it enjoyable to contribute.

4 Likes

@dbrn32. Lighting question. Bout to be ordering 3 of the 260 xls. Noticing u can add another light panel. Is it worth it to get the xtra panels with the kits or is the 260xl good enough without the xtra panel. And if i get xtra panels what will it do extend foorprint ir just make for a stronger light with same footprints

@Covertgrower @MrPeat @Cannabian @imSICKkid anyone have any ideas about pist 93 with the lighting question before we make order final

What was the question? I looked but maybe I’m blind, sorry. Lol

About adding the xtra light panel to the 260xl. What it would do is it worth it? They have the xtra panel for like 75 bucks or something. Would it be worth it to get the xtra panels even if they r not used right away. Can always expand or whatever. Will it make a bigger footprint or just better the footprint it has ??

You’ll need an additional driver to power that one panel.

Ok not sure if the site says that or not or if the panel comes with it not sure. Whats the verdict on adding it? Just more lighting to penetrate.

I’m not sure what you’re looking at, but if you purchase the light you’ll need to purchase a driver too. As well as a heat sink.

Idk my neighbor was looking at them getting everything in order for the 16th he said that u can buy an xtra light panel to add to the 260xl. I dont know havnt looked he just told me to ask before he purchased them. If it will help out enough he was gonna order the xtra panels. Im not really sure because im trying to see where it says u can add another panel to and dont see it. The heat sink is big enough to place another panel in the center from the looks of it.