Basementstealth grow journal

i just want the best and for very little $$$. not realistic huh?

hlg-5 didnt work on hlg website. im gonna get it from hlg website. free shipping

1 Like

ok its coming! thanks for encouraging me to take the plunge

2 Likes

Ya, not really promoting. Hard to find many deals on things that sell out on their own

1 Like

my light is inches away from my girl but she doesnt mind. it cant be hurting anything, weak light! but ill make do until i get my hlg v2

i dont see any light damage/bleaching. you?

5 Likes

Looks good get that light up a little to get her branches reaching up

@raustin my nutes came in. how do you recommend i get started? i prefer to err on the side of cautious

im looking at the feeding schedule and im just not sure where to go. i would like to use an appropriately diluted nute mix that i can use with every watering to simplify my life.

used 1ml each ff trio. taking a pic now and going to compare in the morning.

4 Likes

Sorry i couldn’t get to you sooner, I was cooking dinner.

I would start with half strength on the nutes, though some people start with quarter strength. You’ll want to use the Big Bloom and Grow Big for now, but wait to use the Tiger Bloom until she has pistils.

2 Likes

she has pistils. i hope i havent overdone it with 1ml of each in a gallon. ill know by morning?

i took this photo the other day when i defoliated. pistils are there, i think?

2 Likes

Yep, those are pistils.

1 Like

update. morning after nutes. no signs of problems. nice new growth.

also hlg is shipping my light today. :grin:

is there a little bit of chlorosis?

5 Likes

Naw your just vigorous growth if your referring to the line green … gotta say your little girl response quick and proper health one u got there

2 Likes

hey @fano_man can you tell me, why do i keep hearing about heavy defoliation leading to greater yields? is it true?

It is a pruning technique
Honestly I can see how it can be a sort of LST since you are doing removal of plant matter which causes the plant to defend itself of course it can increase potency maybe like a super crop and is she trying to concentrate energy inside of the plants bud sand until you really understand how plants react to certain pruning techniques it’s really difficult to try and explain it to somebody cuz before I super crop my plants I was well read up on it but I still didn’t really get the concept until I saw the results of the first positive aspect of super cropping now I’m waiting to see if the yields are increased so I would say defoliate 1 don’t defoliate another side-by-side grow same light same nutrients same everything except for defoliation it’s really the only way to do a test your default location might be different than somebody else you might pick up a different technique that might be better or worse than the person teaching you who knows you got to really do it and see what happens first

more defoliation to expose flowers to light and some lst to spread out the dense growth

2 Likes

Chill man let it go now you have plenty of spread now

2 Likes

ok, thanks for the heads up. this instance of lst was to even out the canopy

@raustin can you look at this. Is it calcium deficiency?

im gonna flush her