Bag seed monster crop and Pineapple Chunk

I am shooting in the dark but as a guess Super Mario Brothers ?

2 Likes

Finally figured out the best place to put my hydro set up to get the best results . Storage . That crap has me pulling my hair out . Just going back to what I know how to do , soil Fox farms ocean Forrest and start nutrients 2 weeks before transitioning to flower . Can’t get anything to go right with hydro .

2 Likes

Storage??? Ya got a belly laugh outta me. It is finicky. I was checkn ph twice a day. Resvoir change weekly when done properly. Water temp can be a pain to manage.
While ya know how to get your results your laughn. A lot of time involved all round isn’t it mate. Can’t waste it when we have small grows

1 Like

@Bubbles1 I don’t have a clue what went wrong but even with 2 and 3 checks a day on ph it was always in flux . I was told 2 to 3 ml. of peroxide will prevent root browning but has the added benefits of helping to balance ph . That did nada to help . Was able to keep water temps at 70 or below usually 68 my ppm was running about 390 on a consistent basis . The only thing I can think of is something I only heard about a couple hours ago .
I went to the local 5 seasons nursery and started asking questions and about 10 minutes in the guy just said okay what are you growing if you grow your own meds like I do it sounds like you are giving them to much oxygenation. I didn’t think that was possible but he said Baras from hortamerica.com said it can cause root stunting ? I have a 4 bucket system but run 2 buckets with 2 lines running to each one so I effectively doubled the oxygen. I’m having a hard time buying that because I took chemistry in high school and water only holds so much and releases the rest or it would no longer be water. Have you ever heard of such a thing ?

1 Like

@Oldstoner. Not like that. It’s true about the peroxide and how it works, but I’m hearing it also kills good bacteria. So I put 1ml peroxide per gallon of water in res 24hrs before res change. You still see a lot of white root growth overnight. For extra oxygen bro… another air pump is easiest. I run 2 pumps as a rule of thumb. Then peroxide at the given time. For me… I would say stick with 2 ph checks only. Let it go up and down between times at will. Won’t hurt it. Been chasing a 5.8ph when adjusting but haven’t ya captain??

1 Like

Yes sir been running hard after 5.8 but my swings were severe start at 6.0 to 6.1 and by the am 6.8 or 9 then adjust to 6.0 again and check in a hour and maybe 5.9 but buy morning down to 5.4 _ 5.5.
I dropped a couple more beans and am going to keep trying on the hydro but putting the new one in soil . That one I got it is almost on cruise control the way I do it. I pre treat with D.E for pests and add neem oil every other watering so it gets systemic plus it is inside . I had a spider mite issue my first grow then got gnats so I’m kind of paranoid about critters and do the pound of prevention instead of the ounce of cure

1 Like

Shit. That’s a good lot of change. Can’t say I ever saw 9 in my DWC. What ph readings do you get in your soil? Do you test or go by visual health. Last grow my PC was in my mix of goodness and the 3 fingered freak which both gave me an 8ph at the end of flowering almost. I never checked their ph once all grow. So much less work than DWC.

No no brother I ment 6.8 to 6.9 the highest it has ever gone was 7.2 and that was only the first time I noticed it. I didn’t check the ph at first because of the ph perfect claims supposed to auto adjust and not have to worry about that . When I first found out that was a hopefully and under the right conditions kind of claim I kind of felt stupid . When I try again at hydro I am just going to order Roberts ILGM nutrients. Everyone seems to have good luck with those I just was used to Amazon and the convenience and the speed of delivery

1 Like

And I have only done a couple of slurry tests ever on my soil grow for ph and only if I have a issue. I do however always make sure it is at 6.2 when I water or feed . And I use fox farm wet and dry trio sets for nutes.

2 Likes

GH FLORA TRIO was what I used

1 Like

Is that good for soil also ? I have been looking at Advanced nutrients connoisseurs 4 pack but that is the line I just had ussues with . And Humboldts is just over priced

1 Like

More for coco and DWC I think. But with careful management I reckon we could use most nutes anywhere. I’m liking the soil idea. Have an aged compost pit here and a 2year old worm farm. Was thinkn of coco this grow. We shall see.

1 Like

Yeah man the soil grow ( for me any how ) is so much less fuss and muss . The soil also gives me the gift of time to correct issues with a flush or 2 and some liquid karma lol . My issue is I flat out suck at diagnostics when it comes to a problem that how fast things can go wrong in hydro just spooks me . Soil at least gives me a day to cruise Roberts grow bible and get back on track

1 Like

Yep. So true. I found the same. No time for mistakes with DWC. I thought they seem to grow pretty quick tho. I gotta mix it up a little to find my comfort zone just yet. DWC or soil or coco etc. Having a ball learning. Roberts bible is too good to be true.

This is one of 2 that are due to go in tent when the girl in there stops chunking up. @Oldstoner

1 Like

The plant is a beautiful green

1 Like

still waiting for this girl to finish up.
So far we have - 140gm dry from the scrog
- 30 gm dry from 3 fingered freak
- 110 gm from PC dry

3 Likes

This is new journal for clones taken from the PC in this grow. Pineapple chunk monstercrop clones x 2. Just in case anyone’s interested.

1 Like

Have you done some monster cropping along the way?

1 Like

I will be here now. Just working on getting cleaned up and an area ready for a bunch of clones thinking like 25.

1 Like

Sweet. Your not mucking around.

1 Like