Autumn Autos 2019

i tried that initially but didn’t work for me. best thing i could do was seal the tent up and put a humidifier in there. if i put a fan on in the tent the humidity drops to 35% immediately. i won’t be in this stage forever, eventually i can start dropping the humidity down as they get bigger and they’ll start pumping out a little humidity of their own.

i wish the AC fans had bluetooth so i could see how often it’s kicking on and exchanging the air.

3 Likes

which VDP chart do you follow? some are different and i like to use the ones that my numbers correspond to. also seen your calculations … not sure i’m ready to go there yet but i am intrigued.

2 Likes

I had a humidifier in the tent until last week. My humidity has fallen a bit, but it’s staying just within range. I vent my tents into the grow room, so usually for bloom, I just need to control the temperature, and the humidity seems to kind of take care of itself. Without the heater, rh skyrockets at night. Somehow, the little door vent I have installed keeps the grow room at 75 & tents don’t go above 81. I want that temp to start dropping, now, so I’ll crack the grow room door an inch, which will cool it w/o losing too much humidity to the house.

3 Likes

haha yeah so funny how you end up fine tuning these things over time and we’re slaves to our HVAC systems and climate. i crammed a 2x2 tent on top of a nightstand in my other bedroom and that light was heating that thing up to 90 degrees so i cracked a window. well, it went into the 20s overnight (shouldn’t do there here til feb) and it was practically snowing in the room lol. need an inkbird to auto open and close my windows. you need one for your door.

2 Likes

I use 3 as my main references. One is for bloom. One shows the stages. The other is that pink/yellow/green chart that doesn’t have a legend or much explanation.

Clearly, my light calculations need work! Lol! By summer, I’ll have it, maybe.

3 Likes

i’ve just noticed some of those color coded charts are different. some tell me i’m doing GREAT and others are like… DANGER! i cherry pick my charts sometimes to make me feel better.

3 Likes

I averaged them and made handwritten a chart. It’s probably killing my plants. Lol!

3 Likes

ART! meh, i think you’re doing great.

2 Likes

I want to get stuff that has it built in. Not looking for a central control/smart tent system, so to speak, but rather looking for smart fans that sense heat/humidity and vent accordingly. Need a new humidifier, too. The one I have is very old and just goes low/med/high. I want one that senses humidity, has a nice fancy readout, and that can really be dialed in.

Inkbird shminkbird. Cut out the middle man, I say, and go straight to the source. :grinning:

3 Likes

hyper fans seem to be smarter than the AC infinities. more expensive tho of course.

only problem with smart things vs controllers is they’re gonna have more LED lights. of course not a problem if you stick to your autos

2 Likes

Exactly why I love autos. Still can’t have lots of random lights during the dark period, though. The exhaust fan can be placed outside the tent. A new humidifier would hopefully be powerful enough, that would stay outside the tent, too. Boom, no problems with indicator lights.

6 Likes

Day# 45/38
Feed Day

Blue Amnesia is in Bloom Transition and received 12 cups of the following pH 6.3 solution:
Bubbled for 2 days
1 Gal Tap
½ tbsp Grow
1 tbsp Bloom
2 tsp Catalyst
2 tsp Meta K (oops, should’ve only been 1! Zoot alors)
After bubbling:
1 tsp Demeter’s
1 tbsp Persephone’s
1.5 tsp each Root Trio
1 tsp Microblast
1 tsp Epsom

BB Blue Cheese was given a gallon of water, PP, DD, Life (microbes),and Epsom.
Input: pH 6.8/ec 1.75
Runoff: pH 6.0/ec 3.2
She got flushed after those horrendous numbers.
Flush:
5 gallons tap
2 tbsp Florakleen
pH’d to 6.8

run-off: 6.0/1.7

Ran 1 more gallon of plain tap water, which comes out at pH 8.2.

FINAL BB BLUE CHEESE
pH: 6.2
ec: 1.1

I didn’t add anything else. Just put her back in the tent.

Everyone else got 9-12 cups of the following pH 6.3 Bloom week 2/3 meal:
Bubbled 2 days
2 gals Tap
4 tbsp Bloom
2 tsp Catalyst
2 tsp Meta K
After bubbled
2 gals Tap
4 tsp Demeter’s
4 tbsp Persephone’s
3 tbsp Nirvana
4 tsp Microblast
4 tsp Epsom

Tent A

Tent Rearranged after BBBC’s flush:

Tent B

8 Likes

Oh, hey, here’s an Auto Growth Stage/Nute chart I made up this summer. It’s actually very spot on, so far, so I think I made something potentially usefuluseful to new auto growers. I deliberately left the end of grow kind of open ended; it can last longer than 5 weeks, but stays at Aggressive Grow until Transition. Aggressive Bloom can last longer, as well.

I’ll type it up, eventually. This is my neat handwriting:

9 Likes

Reading/writing/rithmatic…least you got two of the 3 :muscle:lol…your numbers are pretty good actually lol

4 Likes

reading your comprehensive write up and i get stuck on … neat handwriting or like NEAT handwriting…

take another hit why don’t ya… :fire:

4 Likes

9 Likes

I remember the days when the joint would take too long to make the circle so you fire up another to lessen the time between tokes. Then before you know it, the same slow ass toker is busy blabbing on with two joints in his hands.

8 Likes

A circle of one is just right.

6 Likes

In weedville, you get to sit in the very middle of the circle…and every pass of the joint that person gets up, gives you a toke and hugs you…I call it the “Mary Jane and Betty hugtravaganza”…good times :wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes

5 Likes