Autopot guide indoor & outdoor

I need lights like that then :grin: Those are some pretty buds.

3 Likes

He’s outdoor.

And your lights are Awsome B lol your pulling 7-14oz off a 130w light you mad man!

4 Likes

Hey Nicky, did you ever run the 12gl reservoir? If so did the Bo$$man ever decide to jump on top of it? I’m final stages of firing up and it dawned on me that my 2 a-hole cats are at some point gonna dump my res… I’m thinking a cinder block on the floor under it and maybe a small ratchet binder from the block, over the res and hopefully the lid still fits on… it’s gonna be upstairs right above my kitchen and a 12gl water spill would suck

5 Likes

Put a piece of tape on the top covering the air hole so their hair doesn’t fall inside the reservoir, bossman was gentle and I always kept it pretty full.
Another reason why the 25 gallons or using a trash can is so nice, these 25g are to tall and narrow.

9 Likes

Good call on the tape!!!

2 Likes

Have you ever run a comparison between no domes and air domes? Just curious. I’m not using them.

3 Likes

@Pinboy I could be wrong. But I don’t think Nicky has used air. I have only tried 1 with out my self. Air was much better here. But in fairness. You can’t really judge things to good off of just one try. I bought all the air stuff from the start. And have used it mostly because I have it. And am afraid to try with out it for more than that one :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks! More of a curiosity than anything. Many times it’s run what your comfortable with.
Man, I’ve been following your journal and I have no clue how you can juggle all the things you have goin on!!!

3 Likes

Thanks. My grow is really pretty boring. Every one are in autopots. And all on the same feed. So basically. All I do is mix up a fresh rez every now and then. My next grow will have at least half top fed. I am keeping the male around just out of bordum lol

4 Likes

I’ll unintentionally be running this experiment. I forgot to put my air dome in the 2nd autopot :man_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

I’m ok with it, it’s my 1st run on autopots. For now simple is good and the whole reason it’s simple is because of growers like you sharing your experience, thanks!

4 Likes

If you have a journal tag me in, I’d love to follow

1 Like

I learn just as much from questions asked by others. :+1:

3 Likes

@Graysin Hahaha ooops

@Not2SureYet is correct, as he is so often a wealth of experience and knowledge we are also in touch with each other so he knows what I’m doing pretty much ever since I’ve started growing indoors it’s a great friendship of weed growers who don’t really smoke alot lol.

@Pinboy I haven’t ran that test yet, it would require 4 clones the minimum (seeds don’t work for head to head tests @Graysin tag me as well are they seeds or clones)

Currently I’m running a 2 clones in coco vs 2 clones in 50/50 coco perlite with no air domes.

I don’t have plans to run clones anytime soon again but when I do I most definitely will be testing air domes vs no air domes in fabric.

Air domes vs no air domes has been tested in the plastic, and air domes wins most of the time on many different grow tests I’ve seen over on other forums and autopot groups.
However airdomes were designed for plastic pots, fabric pots are new and they provide more air to the root zone due to the ability to breath.

Lots of theory to test with clones and my operation is very small compared to @PharmerBob and some others.
It would be nice to see a large scale test in fabric

6 Likes

I keep meaning to do more test but I’ve been running the same planters since I rebuilt

2 Likes

I could see it making a small difference in fabric pots but maybe not worth the extra expense and hassle

They’re seeds and different strains from different breeders. It wasn’t actually meant to be an experiment, it’s just shaking out that way. :joy:

I am hoping to re-run the same test with some clones, probably some Lemon Tree clones in a few months once I get the autos in and out of the autopots.

2 Likes

If top feeding is not recommended, how would I give Recharge?

3 Likes

Add it directly to the little mini-reservoir that houses the float. That’s how I’ve been adding all my microbes and whatnot to avoid unnecessary blockages.

It means you’ll have to shut off the valve so you can manually feed when the mini reservoir is empty and it’s time for recharge.

10 Likes

Yep, as @Graysin says. It clogged my lines with the 1/4" lines. So adding to the tray would be best.

2 Likes