Autoflower seedling check

Excellent, she’ll love you for it :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hi so this is the size now, I’m wondering how often should I be watering? I watered this morning and they are dry should I water again or wait?

2 Likes

Are you covering it with anything to help hold in moisture and humidity? If not, you’ll want to. Watering less is more. You’ll want to allow the soil to get almost dry between watering’s but obviously not to the extent that it kills your plant. I would suggest you using a humidity dome and when you water just water to the outside of the dome rather than directly at the base of the plant. Your soil looks good and so does that seedling.

I took the dome off cause some guys in another chat told me too, should I be waterting enough to last 2 days or is once a day good for now? And thank you

You’ll need to be the judge of the timing between waterings because there are variables to the amount of time it takes to dry out. I, like many others, go by the weight of the pot if I’m not sure of my scheduled watering. Hell…even with a developed schedule it can change when they really need a drink or not. Water one day and check the next. If she needs she needs. If not, wait a day. Just dont go slogging her down like a mud hole and she’ll be fine.

1 Like

I’m gonna follow along and see how she does. Good luck!

I would leave the dome on this one in the pic. Little plant with a big pot and not the right amount of watering is probably causing a stall in growth. Personally I would place the dome back on and water (8 ounces or so) a ring a few inches outside the dome to promote root growth :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Put the dome on and they just about doubled in size over night

3 Likes

Looking good Growmie!! Well done :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

That’s a good sign she’s laying down roots :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Only thing I am unsure about it watering, I am scared to over water cause I did early on but I give them like 10 oz of water each and they seem to be dried out in line 10 hours

1 Like

Seedlings require very little water for the 1st 12-14 days. The dome helps and watering every other day about 8 ounces will work. :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here’s an update, I notice the plant in the second photos new leaves are curling up, what does that mean? I watered about 8-10 oz per plant yesterday bc they were dried out and are dried out again should I water again? I also took them out of plastic domes today bc they out grew them, anything else I should be doing? Watering tips would be very appreciated.

1 Like

Looks about right. Those first leaves always seem to be a little skeewompish. Keep using your dome and they’re going to be fine. :slightly_smiling_face: :ok_hand:

Should I keep the dome even tho they leaves don’t fit it anymore?

I just pulled the domes on these. I’d keep a dome a little longer. Just use a bigger cup.

2 Likes

So today I dropped my ph tester and broke it, I have a new one on the way and luckily sprayed my humidity domes with the last of the ph’d water I had, the new one comes in Thursday, should I wait till Thursday to water or try to guess ph? Also I haven’t watered the solid a day

If you lift the cup is it much heavier than a cup of dry soil? If so you don’t need to water. Gotta make those roots search and expand.

Just grab some distilled water and then you won’t need to worry. Unless you’re trying to mix nutes, then you’ll still need to PH.

I have some bottled great value water, it says it is reverse osmosis is that safe? Or do I need to just go ahead and grab distilled