Are those little lady’s ok?

Had some mayor issues but I guess they are all life experience, it probably won’t happen again

1 Like

Temperature 71 degrees
Humidity 51%
Chopped yesterday after 48 hours of darkness.

1 Like

Hey guys @Covertgrower @BobbyDigital @Dr.ofSmokology @Carpenter @Randy_Marsh @HMGRWN are dried and harvested.

I ran into some mold issues, even with the temperature and humidity at the recommended setting. Casualties of war I guess.

The buds are currently trimmed.

They are still in the tent.

The lights are off and the temperature inside the tent is 73 degrees with a humidity of 55%

Should I add humidity packs to the Jars immediately?
Or wait?

( I’ve read wait 24/72 hours).

How many humidity packs per jar?

(I only have 4 mini hydrometer)

2 Likes

Sorry about your losses man. Always sucks to hear. Congratulations on the rest though!
1 pack should do it, and I would wait to verify the humidity remains stable.

1 Like

The 8 gram packs take care of up to an ounce( my experience 2), 4 gram packs about an 1/8 to a half ounce!

1 Like

For sure

2 Likes

Hey guys @Covertgrower @Dr.ofSmokology @BobbyDigital @Carpenter @HMGRWN @Randy_Marsh

Tent temperature: 78.8 degrees

Tent humidity: 57-61%

Inside jars temperature: 78.1 degrees

Inside jars humidity: 60-61%

I only have 4 hydrometers, and one of the jars that has a hydrometer inside was reading a temperature of 65% humidity. ( I placed a humidity pack in that one.

I’m currently burping the jars twice a day for 5 minutes.

So a few short questions;

They smell really good now.

But when are they gonna smell really really really good?

Are these temperatures ok?

Thank you always for your help and support.

2 Likes

When the burping period is completed, and humidity stabilizes, is when the smell will really be strong.

3 Likes

Hey guys, @HMGRWN @BobbyDigital @Dr.ofSmokology @Carpenter @Covertgrower @Randy_Marsh @Drinkslinger

I could be over thinking this curing process, but for some reason, they don’t have a really strong smell.

I haven’t tried any of it yet.

But I’ve smelt really dank smelling bud b4 and this is not it.

Im kinda holding out trying it until the smell arrives, but I fear it will never come.

Is it the strain that doesn’t give off that really skunky odor?

Or did I do something wrong?

WW AUTO
TEMPERATURE @ 71 degrees
Humidity @ 57-61
3 weeks into curing

1 Like

My last harvest was a WWxCheese and it too only has a slight aroma. I seem to recall reading something about WW being a milder strain as far as aroma. Mine smells stronger when ground up but not even close to “loud” or “dank”.

2 Likes

My BlackBerry Kush didn’t get a great smell until after cure. The white widow I had was dank from chop through cure. All strains are different​:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

All of the white widows Ive done weren’t very pungent. Pretty mellow in the aroma department.

2 Likes

Not all strains smell like that. I’ve had citrus, coffee, chocolate, oranges, lemons, pine, all sorts. Some have stronger smells than others, but I can say with out a doubt, make sure you add microbes to your soil, I think that really helps with terpenes.

I had white widow, and it smelled very citrusy to me. Definitely wasn’t overpowering, but it was there. I’ve had other strains that were a lot stronger smelling. Everyone’s grow environment is different, and that is a contributing factor to consider as well.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I always think I’m doing something wrong when things don’t go as I think they should.

How you “dry” your buds before curing can make a world of difference. I try for 60f 60rh in my drying tent. You don’t want to rush it. If your buds are dry enough to jar in 4 days, it’s too fast.

I used to always wet trim, but my buds dried too quick. So I tried 1/2 plant wet trim, and 1/2 dry trim. Wow. The dry trim took almost 8 days to be ready for cure. The wet…. 4 days. The final bud from the dry trim was wayyyy more dank than the wet trim.

So, now it’s all dry trim.

I also ALWAYS do an H2O2 bath at harvest. Most swear it doesn’t alter taste/smell, I think it does. Whether from the actual peroxide, or just trichome damage, I’m not sure, but my buds seem less dank than before I started washing the harvest. (It still works pretty well :wink::+1:).

1 Like

It took 12 days to dry.

I dry trim

Temperature was 71 degrees humidity was 56-60

Than I cure. Same temperature and humidity in the jars.

I guess it’s just the strain .

I haven’t smoked any yet.

But like I said it doesn’t have that skunk stinky smell.

It smells really good , was just hoping it had that dank smell that’s all.

1 Like

Hey guys Just want to close this chapter on my first grow.
I finally smoked today and after four pulls, that was it. This is the best bud I’ve ever smoked. EVER. I wanna thank @Dr.ofSmokology @HMGRWN @Carpenter @Randy_Marsh @BobbyDigital @Covertgrower @Drinkslinger for all the help and support. I couldn’t have done it without you guys. I really appreciate the help, support , patience, guidance, and advice. I’m not sure when my next grow is gonna be, because this is a lot of bud. But if I ever run into any problems. I know where to ask for help. Thank you guys. Much love and respect. And happy growing!

6 Likes

That’s what it’s all about right. Congrats, tag me in your next grow when you decide to do it​:+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Will do my friend

1 Like

yes tag me as well please.

1 Like