Are praying leaves good or bad?

Hey guys, I’m just wondering if anyone knows for sure the answer on this. I have leaves that are praying and I want to know if it is good or bad. I hear all sorts of info on the internet. One guy says it’s good another says it’s too much light. Does anyone on here know for sure the answer on this. I’m doing an organic grow so I def need to be careful to not push them too hard as I would run out of nutrients. I’m using an HLG 550 V2 Rspec and my light is about 24-25 in off the canopy. All conditions are correct as far as temp and humidity. The back left plant is showing it the most.

3 Likes

My experience has been that cannabis reaches for the sky when it is happy. I like seeing it.

9 Likes

That’s what a lot of people are saying. Ty for your response

3 Likes

With too much light the leaves will curl down and get a bit droopy on the affected tops.
They can also show bleaching

Happy plants you have there. :wink::+1:
:v:

4 Likes

It really depends on what God/Gods they are praying to.

I typically don’t like to bring religion into conversations, but you started it! Jk

They are happy.

4 Likes

What you are doing is making the Ladies very happy. Uplifted leaves are a good thing. Means happy healthy plant

2 Likes

Ya, if there praying, there asking for light

3 Likes

In my experience not just growing cannabis, but in my journey with apple trees, herbs, roses:
when plants are the happiest they raise their leaves to the sky. However when they are sleeping they actually rest their leaves.

When they are anticipating a storm or rain we can actually see them turn their leaves upwards to receive the droplets for many species.
Listening to our little growing buddies has been the most exciting part of this journey. I’ve actually changed my own feed/watering (sunning) habits understanding plants better and identifying that we in most ways or just like them.

So I would say praying leaves are good.

3 Likes

I’ve had outdoor cannabis plants turn away from the sun. I watered them and 10 minutes later they faced the sun. Very reactive plants!

1 Like

Just wanted to give you all an update on my praying leaves. It is actually not a good thing. It means your plants are maxed out on light intensity. My top leaves are turning a lighter green on the plants that were praying the most because they were pushed too hard. I moved my light up and they aren’t praying anymore. Hopefully it isn’t too late. I only have about 3 weeks left of flower. :grimacing: The plants closest are the ones that are beginning to fade. The back ones are ok. I moved my light up after this pic. Do you guys think I can finish strong still even tho the top leaves have faded? 3 more weeks is 8 weeks on an 8 week flower (blue cheese)

5 Likes

Glad you hit it sorted. Looking good.

I concur …raised leaves is a sign of happiness. My ladies love the water, I give them just enough to keep them thirsty still.

Is this praying leaves or something else

This is a very good sign , your plants are very happy and are growing as fast as possible :blush:

The plants looked absolutely amazing, I can only imagine the harvest from them!
If other growers have questions about why cannabis leaves reach to the sky or how to get the plants to receive sufficient lighting, please take a look at our best grow lights article.