Arborist's first grow journal

really clever idea with the aquafina bottle. and thanks @fano_man for the advice around my dome. i think the vent is probably too open – i will address that next time i spray it :+1: really like the water bottle idea, makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

This round I had 100% success my buddy wanted to try some in dirt in aquafina bottles but I think the slight nitrogen content hindered the rooting process plain water and mycrozae bacilius bacteria, humic acid and rare earth … look for a product called microbe life. Foliar spray and root dip awsome stuff great for someone who does alot of cloning and I’m in need of 35 to 40 colons a week and top 24 go on to flower

1 Like

Cap full in your spray bottle works great instead if plain phd water

2 Likes

Wow that’s expensive I just realize I got next size up for 25$ at hydro store wow I just looked at price compare on sizes wtf really the bigger bottle is a dollar cheaper lmao

1 Like

thanks! gonna check that out for sure today. want to make sure i get good roots going from the very start. just read over the description, i think this will be great when i’m doing transplants especially the first one from cube → seedling soil.

damn that’s a lot of clones lol maybe next grow i could try rockwool in a water bottle versus the root riot cube, we’ll see. the cube is working out great so far, seems to do a good job of staying moist without being soggy (versus jiffy pellets).

1 Like

day 5
@1015

• temperatures (f)
    • (h2o): 75.4
    • (tent): 79.2
    • (empty cube): 76.1
  • humidity
    • (tent): 47%
    • (empty cube): 60%
  • water ph: 6.9
  • water ppm: 25
  • water ec (us/cm): 53

i can see the top of her head poking out of the cube! one of her bulbs went out, swapped out the remaining one for a 40 watt bulb (75w x2 was maybe too much before). going to give her a light mist a few times again this evening and mist the dome.

i’m thinking i should raise her heating mat (right now set to a bit under 80 degrees f) + her germination dome off of the floor of the tent since the floors maybe sucking away heat. i’ll see how that works out. ordered my root dip that @fano_man linked above, should get here monday! will be mixing in a weakened amount of that with her water.

dont have my macro lens atm but here’s a blurry handshot of her rn:

4 Likes

Congrats! You are on your way.

1 Like

This is my Platinum Girl Scout Cookie indica hybrid. Buds started appearing on her about 7 days into the 12/12 flip. I went from 18/6 and slowly worked down through about 10 days to 12/12. It really helped with the stretch. My indicas barely stretched, and my sativa doms only stretched about 35% so far. You don’t need to worry with autos, 18/6 or 16/8 to the finish line will work. This is unbelievably exciting for both of us! Pretty awesome watching the ladies grow. Document it. Enjoy it. Happy growing!

1 Like

Platinum cookies I’m about to drop 3 if them I got 3 out of a bag cant wait to see what urs look like the weed is some of the best eed I ever had before …some lol but I’m excited to get my mother of that strain going as well as the candy land and orange kush got my moms of
Gsc
Purple haze
Purple diesel
Recon
Cha Ching
…soon to add
Platinum cookies
A different gsc pheno
Candy Land
Orange kush and im going to purchase some crazy looking genetics from gage green genetics…would like to get a few old names along with the purple haze like Acapulco gold Colombian gold Panama red just to entice another crowd tou feel me

3 Likes

this is cha ching a week from flip still stretching but I’m tucking that one last time today then I’m let everything else grow up got a little thinning out to do in some spaces these qbs have such dense growth in areas

4 Likes

@Jza444 @fano_man i see y’alls pics and man… :heart_eyes: such gorgeous grows!! can’t wait till i’m at that point. -scrolls up and looks back at pretty pictures again-

i think moving the mat/propagator off of the ground has helped i peeked in earlier this afternoon and could see condensation, not just from my misting the dome!

lol here’s my little turtle as of tonight (still day 5!!), she has grown up so much already! she’s making her debut above the surface (not really a little turtle anymore hehe):

2 Likes

@arborist I’ve helped out here and there with different grow-ops throughout the years, but I’m in the same boat as you. It’s my first solo grow. I’m only a couple months ahead of you. Listen to the people here, and use the advice to your benefit.

I think @fano_man has been growing for quite a bit longer than myself, so def listen to what he tells you. And yeah, that PGSC already smells good, only a week from 12/12 flip. I’m excited about her. Her and Cherry Pie are squatting, but are very well developed. Each have their own QB 288 rspec. Hoping for some dense buds.

2 Likes

I cant wait to pump full of my 16 288s :rofl: yes 16 288 boards I’m running in my flower room in 4 separate hlg 600s witch are 4 288 recipes boards in one dmfuxture 640 watts each I’m juuust at the point to where co2 is almost benificial… honestly j haven’t been growing very long …canabis atleast I’ve been growing exotic fruit trees and orchids for years but this is my first year attempting to grow weed I’m on my 4th harvest and I have learned alot in a little time due to the fact I live in south florida and every hump and hurdle you can have growing weed is down here in south florida … bugs galore , heat that will kill an old person and so many people discretion is tough …I got evicted from last place from landlord running across my wall. Cavity I built… I made a frame out of a pallet and 2 pieces of dry wall and I made a fake wall but the eever present ac exhausting was impossible to hide lol glad he got me to move on to bigger and better things. I’ve done damn near everything wrong you can do your first grow and boy did I pay for it in multiple ways… over water over feeding over heating under watering under sized over crowded underfed non bug prevented found out what bugs can do to ya the hard way… I had such bad thrips and aphids at one point that I will never bring another plant from another grow room or outside into my space because that’s how u introduce pestes and they usually go undetected for a while till they present a problem and then your fighting them instead of easily preventing them

3 Likes

That’s pretty awesome to be in range of supplementing CO2. I can’t even imagine growing down south where it’s hot, humid, full of bugs, and still illegal. I give you a lot of props @fano_man for being where you are at, and still making it happen with efficiency.

@arborist Getting through difficulty like fano mentioned is how you get good real quick. Dealing with, and working around the issues that he mentioned, will make you a better grower. Definitely how you learn. I’ve gotten better mainly from this site, my personal research outside this site, and rebounding from all my early mistakes on this grow. It’ll be better next time, and that’s always what you should be shooting for. “What will make the next grow better?”

2 Likes

thanks @Jza444 that’s some solid advice, so much to learn from the folks here, so much experience and knowledge i’m grateful that folks are so willing to share :smile: i hope one day to have experience worth sharing!

@fano_man didn’t realize you were in the south too! haha yeah i’m in a big ole conservative state so having to be stealth on stealth rn haha sticking to the old closet grow op for now. your space sounds awesome (and looks awesome from your pics). hope your clones are doing well!

1 Like

here’s a peek at the lovely lady earlier on day 6:

1 Like

I got 150 clones going right now …these clones were straggler sucker branches from the scrog …I told my buddy drake these 100 or so cutting make the 50 best you choose and fill one tray… what does he do bits every node down to 1 leaf and fills all 150 spot​:rofl::rofl: noooo mann… lol anyway they were yellowing today pretty bad so I had to check for roots …either the plant is dieing off or you have roots that’s what I look for to my surprise with some of these clones there was little to no leaf mass and surprisinglyalot of them leaf less stems he was experimenting with are getting little toot pimples… a lot slower the I wanted hes still in experiment mode I’m in turn around mode I already know what works and don’t work so there’s no point and trying to figure out something I already know I wish you would stop being so hard-headed and stop wasting time because now instead of having an open clone rack I got all three full now I got to go buy another one just to make good clones that I want to put in my rack yeah these ones might take after two weeks because they got no photosynthesis happening but I want things to Rutten 7 to 10 days and have only 14 days of growing time you know I’m I’m going on 14 days just to get Roots that’s not what I want to do I want things happening fast a lot faster than they are and the only problem is him not listening to my instructions she’s listening to his idea and what he thinks that is a good idea which is not space-saving not time-saving not nothing practical it works but it’s slow and I’ve already figured out how to do shit slow I ain’t trying to do it again that’s the whole point of spending all this money and letting me do my thing

2 Likes

Oh yea I’m in the belly of the beast the bugs down here are stupid …we dont get a winter so it’s hot hot hot… lucky to hit 50s in winter and bugs lol the mosquito will carry away a baby … I’ll tell you this when I started growing it was for the reason to try and supplement the amount of money I spend on marijuana every month it is grown into a passion and now I’m looking at it as a full-time job when I first started I said to myself if I could just not spend money on weed I can get a brand new car what am I driving today not brand new but 2017 new off the lot just because I was able to supplement my habit shit now that I’m exceeding my habit life should be good real soon that’s all I’m saying

4 Likes

I hear you on that. I feel you are well on the way to doing that. Certainly looks that way. At the end of the day, when it all comes down to it, you just gotta take control of your own destiny and make it happen for yourself. No sense in working for someone else so they can fulfill their dreams. I’d love to gain some more knowledge in the next couple years, then do this full time. I have no delusions of grandeur, but I’m quite meticulous, I love great pot, and I love plants in general. I’ve been growing vegetables for 25 years. There are a few big grow ops around me, so I may just start at one of those for a year or two. They are always hiring.

1 Like