Aotea Grow Journal

Just hold your mouth right. Lol
If in doubt hold off the ph test for a while til the girls recover more.
My thoughts what it worth.
If they appear to be perking up give them a bit more time maybe. Notice my non committal suggestions.
But they can handle being dry pretty well.
@AoteaGrower

4 Likes

check on the girls this morning after there lights on didnt look as happy as they did last night. gave them 100ml each o pH’d water and let them get ready for sleep.

@MaD-VapoR follow along if ur interested :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I looked really quickly this morning and didn’t find your journal. I’m set to following now.

2 Likes

All ya have to do is pour water in the top until it runs out the bottom make sure all the water can drip out of the pot dont want it sitting in water. The girls be ok. Scared me the first time I did it!!
Dont forget to check the PPM’S :v:t3: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m saving my pennies for a ppm tester

5 Likes

no updates on the girls, still waiting for the pots to dry out for their next watering. they are looking good, rose is really stretching and will look at topping in a few days, moster needs a trim up to clear out all the sucker brances. after reading through some other grow journals im worried that im under powered in the light department. @Hellraiser @NeoGroR this is my light and im running two plants in a 4x3 tent and would only want to run up to a max of 4, am i ok ?

2 Likes

That light will grow buds but is a little under-powered for a 3x4 area and 4 plants, adding another light like that would help with bud density and yields, specially when growing 4 plants.

3 Likes

But for 2 plants it’s going to do the job right ?

2 Likes

Yes, will be fine for 2 plants.

2 Likes

set to watching, in the post with pics just above this post the left plant looks okay, could be better, but i wouldn’t do any watering on the right plant while it looks droopy. your plants are short, but not young. a question. why are you watering 100 ml every day as what sounds like a goal you have in mind. that is the way that you water young plants. when the plants get as big as yours you should be watering a healthy bunch. sorry, don’t know metric, but i use 3 gallon cloth pots when mine are your size and when i water i water a little under a gallon. i used to have a moisture meter but quit using it. now i test by how heavy the pot is. when it is dry, the pot is lite, after watering a gallon the pot is heavy and stays that way until the pot starts getting dry again. with young plants it can take a week to 10 days for the pot to dry out for watering. i am afraid if you water every day with a small amount you are not going to get the water throughout the whole pot
another thing that concerns me is the soil you are using. pot doesn’t like “timed released” nutes soil because most strains don’t need nitrogen much after 3 or 4 weeks after starting flowering. there is a “favorite” garden soil here in the states that i’m too stoned to think of the brand now, but it is very popular in gardens, but no one uses it for pot.

2 Likes

Miracle Grow is the same @monkman . Time released nutes don’t deliver what they need, when they need it.

2 Likes

as an example for watering

the back two plants just went from a half gallon of water a piece to a full gallon of water a piece for the first time 10 days ago, they needed watering again after 8 days.

the front right one i water a half gallon now and will for another watering and then go to the gallon water. by the way, these are young plants.

the front left one i am putting in three 20oz solo cups the next time (about a half gallon) until the plant gets a bit bigger and then will go to a gallon on that one also.

on the little seedlings in the solo cup, i spray 8 spritzs from a spray bottle once a day

2 Likes

yea, just smoked my chem dog and couldn’t think of the dmn name lol thanks bud.

1 Like

as a first time grower, one of the most important things to learn is “how” the plant grows. you have to watch your plant to determine what it wants, not what you want to give it. i learned this the hard way my first grow. i had 6 plants and ruined 4 of them by over watering and watering too soon when they weren’t ready for it. i got 4 oz from one plant, 2 from another and 1 from the last 4. if you get anything from your first grow you have done better than a lot of folks. i know folks on here that took three grows before they got the hang of it. have patience with yourself and have patience with your plants. i have no grow skills, but got 17 oz from my second, 24 oz from my third grow, and 22 oz from my fourth grow. those were all 6 plants in a 4x4 tent, i now do 4 plants as 6 is just a pain in butt. if i can learn to grow this plant then anyone can. but… you have to learn to give the plant what it wants when it wants it, not give it stuff because that is what “your” schedule says

3 Likes

Importation of foreign soil is prohibited and they don’t mess around down here with that kinda thing, finding a fertiliser free soil is near impossible down here , but it does raise a good point, if any kiwis out there know of a brand post about it please, best I could come up with is an organic vege mix ? I use pot power too but happy to change , am starting to lean towards thinking about going coconut tho

1 Like

hi @monkman thanks for following along. i was watering 100ml a day for the first few days as the plants had only just been repotted from their solo cups. im very much new to this so just didnt want to over water. the soil i used was quite moist to start with and i stoped watering about 2 days ago and the soil has just dried out enought that i will be starting to water alot more tonight. as @Leholf said we have a much smaller range of soils in New Zealand so have to make do with what we have. ill look into a better soil after this grow. ill pop down now and water the girls and do a pH test of the run off and take some pictures and show you how they are doing

3 Likes

Sweet @AoteaGrower

1 Like

ok so a bit has happened today, the pots have dried out nicely so gave them a full water with root gen nutes 1L of pH’d water with 1ml of nutes. mesured the run off and got a reading of about 6pH, will get a pen soon to get a more accurate reading.

after a water and the testing i proceeded to give the girls a trim, hope i did it right @Hellraiser . topped them and removed some of the yelloing leaves and a few of the fan leaves might need to take a few more but felt id get some feedback first. here is a before and after the trim.

4 Likes

figured id have a little play with the top i trimmed off. just have it sitting in some water with nutes, dont expect it to work but its all in the pursuit of knowledge

3 Likes

they look a lot better in new pics!

1 Like