And another farmer joins the fold

Hello guys. I planned on doing this years ago, but the plan got shelved. Due to Corona virus, I have allot of idle time these days. So I was checking out seeds and I got the ILGM email and figured why the hell not? I got the white widow buy 10 get 10. If that go’s well, ill be getting some northern lights, and I would like to try that gold leaf to, but at this point i need to grow out the white widow autoflower. We are going through our last cold snaps here, as soon as I’m confidant it will stay warmish ill be doing a couple outdoors and a couple indoors. Ill post some pics as I go. Be well all.

6 Likes

Welcome to our community of growers. You will find many really talented growers ready and able to advise you as needed.

We love seeing photos!

Edit: I started with White Widow and Robert Bergman’s Gold Leaf (both photo period) three years ago. They were easy to grow and are excellent producers.

3 Likes

Welcome, you have joined a forum where just for the asking, fellow growers helping all with any issues growing. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Im pretty excited.

2 Likes

@madcow101. Ditto on the welcome. Great people here that want to help you succeed. They helped me with five root bound and stunted plants and turned them into a jungle just starting in bloom!

1 Like

Welcome! I’m just getting started too. I just started a grow journal yesterday. I still need major help setting up my blu mats. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Welcome aboard! I started my first grow last spring due to COVID and not wanting to get out. For some reason the dispensaries here can’t figure out how to keep people from packing in, so I just avoid it at all cost.

This forum is great. Loads of info. Next thing you know, you will be on Grow 3 like me! It is addicting. I have never had so much fun as I have had growing. And now we are out of dispensary weed and nice half gallon jars of my home grown which is supreme cannabis! You will do well.

3 Likes

Where I live the lay is unenlightened. Mostly, I keep it on hand for my mom. She has congestive heart failure so I really got after her for smoking. So I good good at making brownies. But i imbibe to. I gave up beer for pot, lol. Colorado opened me up to weed beyond bag weed. Before then Northern Lights was all I had had that was primo. When I lived in Colorado I fell in love with Master Kush, and then Durban Poison. Now Im a level 1.5 weed snob!

3 Likes

@madcow101. LOL weed snob! Love it. I am growing a Colorado strain called Bordello. Got a line on another CO strain called tanji dosados. Cross of tangie and dosido #13. Those CO kids are making some interesting strains.

2 Likes

Welcome to ILGM.
Lots of great growers willing to help.
Good Luck :v:t3:

2 Likes

My husband and I sobered up using weed. That is great you can help you mom. I grow as much for our son, a wounded warrior, as I do for us.

We would drive 4 hours one way to Trinidad, CO for weed, and back home in one day. We called it our Turn & Burn. We realized that what one trip was costing us we could set up a grow. Best decision yet. While we miss going to Trini, we don’t sweat the drive home. The state troopers have been doing road checks or blocks checking for DUI and DWI, etc. not worth the worry.

Anyways, yeah, we would buy top shelf there. Some incredible strains I can’t readily find: Bob Ross, Booger, Lamb’s Breath. Oh the unfortunately named Booger, I think that was Denver’s favorite not too long ago. It is one of those strains we got once and could never find again, same with Bob Ross, that had just super nice effects.

1 Like

Colorado plates in any non-legal state gets you on the radar real quick. At DIA they actually pull you aside and test any snacks you bring with you. I guess people were smuggling out edibles by reusing candy bags.

1 Like

You know that does not surprise me. God forbid someone has an edible. You would think with all the issues going on in the crime world, that the least of their concern is this.

1 Like

thatsba funny thing, lol. I remember when i left CO, I walked into DIA and i had a fat ounce and a little box thing with weed in my pocket and i was flying into houston hobby looking like american taliban. I had been in Gilette WY framing houses all winter. so before i hit the skycap, i just stuffed my dope in my bad, closed it up and i gave my bags ro skycap with a 20 dollar tip. got to houston with my pot. my ex came out with the kids, she had about 1/8 in her luggage, did the same as i did at DIA, but qhen ahe got her bag it was zip tied shut and there was a letter from TSA stating what they had done. i guess they found her weed during a random bimb check or something.

1 Like

yeah, like meth. bust those guys.

That is interesting on TSA, so am I right that she got to keep it? I have read that weed, in the amounts the average traveller might carry is the least of their concerns as they are looking for incendiary devices and the sort of thing a terrorist would have.

That is funny about looking like the Taliban. I flew out of Telaviv once and got a bit cheeky with the lady who took ALL my bags and spread ALL my stuff out on long tables then told me to repack it. I told her that she unpacked it, she could repack it. That got me some special attention right quick. :rofl:

Edited to add: I am always going on about how I like the Colorado strains and the variety we can get in Trinidad. Our son used to be a budtender in Olympia, Washington and he told us, “oh you have NO idea about variety and good weed. Nothing compares to Washington grown.” This was some years ago and at the end of the day they were paid in cash or weed. He would resell the weed and make a good profit. He told me the other day he missed working there, they got to smoke all they wanted and try all the strains. That sounds like a job I would like!

her weed was taken. its probubly for the best. Weed is weird here. In my opinion, it depends allot on who nabs you with it, who the judge is and who the local DA and ADA is that is prosicuting. I know a guy up the road who came home from work who found a half dozen plants that were in flower he had pulled out of pots and smashed on his patio. Its my opinion cops did this rather then arrest him. I guess it really all depends. another thing the law is weird about are mushrooms.

2 Likes