Am I screwed on height?

Hi all! First let me say I love this forum and have been devouring everything I can. Tons of great info, I’m learning lots but wish I started reading earlier. Here’s the deal; I’m on my first grow of four OG Kush plants that have been topped. The plants are growing great, no real problems so far which brings me to my issue. I’m growing in a 32”x32”x63” tent. It’s all I have room for. I knew going in that I would be tight on height but to compound the issue I neglected to figure in the height of the pots when I calculated how much space I would have. I’m up to about 34” total height with this grow so far.

So my question is, am I going top out and not have enough room or will I be able pull this out with a reasonable grow? Basically, am I in trouble here?

I realize a scrog grow would have probably eliminated the issue (or would it?) but I wanted to do a straight forward grow and not do any major manipulation on my first round. This is partially why I went with OGK as the seed filter said it was a lower growing plant. Now I’m concerned it’s not low growing enough. If anyone can offer some insight on this I’d really appreciate it.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA ILGM OG Kush

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Soil

System type? n/a

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? n/a

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS n/a

Indoor or Outdoor indoor
Light system, size? 300W LED
Temps; Day, Night n/a
Humidity; Day, Night n/a
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no

Co2; Yes, No no

1 Like

There are techniques that you can use to reduce stretch during transition to flower as well as the use of LST to keep the canopy the correct distance away.

Obviously every day that you wait means that much bigger plant.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I forgot to mention that it’s now 4 days into flowering. Since they are topped, they’re bushy and I have no space left to really mess with lst or other techniques I don’t think.

4 Likes

Understood. One technique in future is to come down to 12/12 gradually, which often will reduce stretch. Too late now.

If you start to run out of room your only choice is to bend over the colas. Or cut them off.

6 Likes

@JerseyRed could you give us a current measurement now? I grew some OG, and I had two polar opposites. One grew a little taller than the other, but for the most part they remained very short in height. I feel fairly confident if you topped them already, they won’t get much taller, since mine didn’t stretch much, you’re might. Every seed has its own personality.
If you want to LST just do it gently, just separate the branches out a little, she’ll grow some more. You’ll be surprised. Hope all of this helps! Happy growing!

2 Likes

How much room do you have between the tops and the lights right now? You can get pretty close to a 300 watt LED. The recommended is 2 feet but I am sure 18 inches is probably ok. Unless the light manufacturer recommends differently? @JerseyRed

1 Like

@bob31 I have 19” above the tallest plant to the light. The manufacturer recommends 18” but I have kept it at 12”-14” above throughout the veg stage.

1 Like
  1. You can break or supercrop your tallest tops roll stem in fingres until it’s soft and bend and support . What type of light are you using? If led you can always have them closer to tops without issues. My led lights are usually about 8 inches from my tops with no damage
1 Like

@Sirsmokes can I still do this a week into flowering?

You can do this up until 4 weeks to harvest

@Sirsmokes Thanks!

1 Like

Any time brother happy growing

It also helps to fatten up the buds from the stress created. I usually use supercropping to even out my canopy I don’t use a scrog I like being able to physically move my plant if I need to

2 Likes