Almost ready for 1st time grow

Wanting to start my 1st grow. Should I start with an auto flower or jump right in female seeds from Robert of course.

1 Like

2 different schools of thought on that one but first congratulations on your decision to grow your own meds and welcome to the Sandbox .
The autos need less attention but still need to be fertilized watered with ph correct water etc. The main advantage of autos is the time to harvest is faster and you dont need to change your lighting . Photo period plants will give you a much better yield and are not really much more care just more time waiting for harvest . I have only grown photos but I know @Hogmaster grows excellent autos maybe we can get him to pitch in some advice. Good luck

1 Like

Appreciate it

1 Like

Really depends on how fast you want to 90 days possibly less possibly more or you can put in six months or more of work and yield three times more just depends how big a hurry you’re in good smoke either way you go

2 Likes

Thank you both for your input

1 Like

Welcome, so much help here. Any questions u have just ask and you will be astonished by all the answers. Happy growing my friend​:+1::ok_hand::metal:

1 Like

auto flowering plants are temperamental, more so than most fem plants…if they get a bad start, you’ll have a sad plant at the end, there isn’t as much of a chance to adapt and get her back on track.

For a first timer, the feminized seeds allow you to control more of the grow, they give you time to fix problems since you decide when to flower. If there’s a slow start, you can veg longer.

3 Likes

I would start with an Autoflower …good luck!

Welcome to the ILGM site. Glad to see you are growing your own medicine ! One thing i highly recommend is to download Robert’s free Grow Guide. It is packed with information and is really a great place to start. Also look up the “Symptom Checker” in the guides section at the top. A lot of really good info there. I refer to it all the time. Makes you feel good that you can diagnose the plants problems. When I started, I would develop an idea of what was wrong and then ask here. When I started getting the right answers, my confidence grew.

When you start growing, start a Grow Journal in the beginners section. Start with a Support Ticket that will help us all help you if problems arise. Many times you get an answer really quick. I cannot work any more and look at it most of the day. If you need help getting the support ticket, let me, or someone else, know. We are here to help each other.

Like everyone is saying, do NOT be afraid to ask questions here. We all started the same, experience makes us better. Hope you have a great grow. Jerry

2 Likes

Appreciate it Jerry. I have downloaded Roberts book and have read it a few times now as well as a few others, information is knowledge. I will be placing a order in the few weeks and will be sure to start a grow journal. I have a few 4 gallong fabric pots as well as a aerogarden. Maybe some auto in the aerogarden and some.fem seeds in the fabric pots?

1 Like