Advanced nutrients ph perfect users

I use ph perfect nutes and i never ph them. NEVER. And they do adjust the ph. Thats why you have coco nute line and soil nute line.

1 Like

Yes if you add ph up or down it will throw the ph off.
If you are growing in coco, then i recommend you feed every time you water. Coco holds no nutes so if your cocos not wet your plants getting 0 food.
Another tip on ph perfect nute line is it will only hold its ph for 1 week.
Also dont blow a fan on the pots and you wont have to water or feed as often. Doing this one thing brought my watering frequency went from daily to every 3 days

1 Like

Thats correct only ph perfect technology is in the base nutes. The additives claim they can be used with any nute line. And i have used different brand micro nutes with ph perfect base with no issues

1 Like

PH is another tool I use to see the health of my plants, having a nute the blocks that wouldn’t be helpful to me

I really questioned this as I have never heard this before, so I asked them about it. They assured me there is no detrimental affect in adjusting the pH after everything is added. Perhaps where you got that from is that they don’t feel it’s necessary to do so. But - definitely no harm.

Myself, I still like to fine tune the pH in order to encourage uptake of various minerals if it appears the plant is lacking one or some.

2 Likes

I’m sure I seen it suggested not to adjust it. Could’ve been dated information, or I was confused on the source.

@dbrn32 @TommyBahama

From AN support:

“You realistically shouldn’t need to.
The nutrients are available at a VERY wide pH range.

The nutrients will often try to readjust back to their starting point and “fight” the pH adjustment”.

So what I take away from this is
Is it harmful to try and adjust ph ? No.
Is it pointless ? Yes

1 Like

Perhaps to you, but please allow me to give you some real world examples from my own experience:

Just yesterday, I fed a plant that was showing nitrogen excess. So, I gave it 1/4 strength nutrients (which contain both the majority of nitrogen and the pH’ing technology) and full strength supplements.
Because there wasn’t enough goodies to adjust the pH fully, it wound up with a pH of 6.8. I then adjusted it down to 6.4. Right next to it, same volume of the same water, a jug with full strength nutrients and full strength supplements came out to pH 6.5 - which I deemed perfect for the other plant and left alone.

I watered a plant with plain water pH’d to 6.5 today, and the runoff came out at 6.8. Next time will be feeding time, so I will give it nutrients and supplements and I will also adjust the pH down to probably 6.2 or 6.3.

When I used to use reverse osmosis water (I just use my well water now) I had to add in a lot of pH-up after mixing everything, because even with the nutrients and supplements, there still wasn’t enough minerals and metals in the water for full pH adjustment to happen.

But, just to reiterate what I said earlier - I’m not saying it has to be done. No one necessarily needs to adjust it, but those who like to fine tune things like I do, may choose to.

2 Likes

Good point. If you are Ala carte dosing then I agree you should def monitor ph levels

1 Like