Advanced nutrients ph perfect users

Is it necessary to ph the the plain water on the days where we don’t add nutes? In theory my guess would be that it wouldn’t matter because when you add the water with nutrients on the next feeding its suppose to auto correct the ph? Opinions

1 Like

Depends on the water. If it’s low TDS then sure; I don’t PH my R/O: only when I add anything. If you are using a city water supply like mine which is over 500 ppm then you would be smart to check and adjust as necessary.

3 Likes

The ppm is low here. Under 50 ppm.

1 Like

So the plant uptaking water with a higher than optimal ph level wouldn’t harm the plant ?

1 Like

It would not see higher PH using low TDS water. Your 50 ppm should be just fine. If you aren’t sure; take a sample of your water (after it has been outgassed for chlorine) like a cup or so and add 1/4 cup of your soil: it will jump right to that soil value. Or close. You can determine the soil PH by running a 1/4 cup of soil in 1 cup of distilled water–same thing in reverse.

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention I’m growing in coco/perlite and hand watering
@WickedAle @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Like what @WickedAle says. In coco, even on 0lain waters day add some nutrients. I do

1 Like

Ph perfect does NOT adjust the ph. U still need to ph ur water before feeding. The PH perfect just helps keep it stablized.
ALWAYS PH YOUR MIX BEFORE FEEDING.
See so many making that mistake. AN needs to be more clear on what the PH Perfect means. I use AN nutes and ALWAYS PH UR MIX

1 Like

They advertise that it does. It brings my water from an 8 down to 5.8 without any ph up or down. This video kinda sold me on it. @Liljoe

Interesting…im gnna watch that.
Thanks

That is interesting…but still need adjustments to compensate run off readings too.

1 Like

I’ve never seen any issues with watering between feedings and I only do cal mag when watering. Remember that we aren’t flushing so I don’t see big swings in nutrient load.

2 Likes

Ya in my hydro rez it seems to stay pretty balanced, but in pro mix it still needs adjusting imo. But we learn summin new every day. Thanks for the input @Myfriendis410 and @Watt-Sun

1 Like

Actually, it does. Nonetheless, you should still always test your pH after mixing everything up as some adjustment will almost always be needed.

And, a tip for anyone using it. The proper mixing method is:
Put in part A and mix. Wait 5 minutes.
Put in part B and mix. Wait 5 minutes.
Then, you can put in the rest of your additives.
Wait some period of time (5 is fine, I like to wait 10) and then check your pH.

1 Like

I guess I just like to play it safe, no matter what claims r made.
Now a day “u cant beleive anything u hear and only half of what u see” :grin:

1 Like

According to advanced nutrients, adjusting ph of ph perfect tech causes more harm than letting it work as designed.

2 Likes

Ok Thanks @dbrn32
I am going to try it, but it prob wont work proper for me because I use a different veg and bloom food. I use AN additives, Bud Candy, Piranha and Flawless

I think you are right on that . I believe the ph magic :man_mage: happens with the base nutrients veg & bloom

To my knowledge, an additives aren’t “ph perfect”

It was on their website, although when I go there no matter what I do it sends me to product page. Finding information on “ph perfect” tech isn’t hard to do though. AN isn’t the only company that offers it.

After adding my AN at 50% the recommended strength my water (RDWC) wil go from 5.8 to 6.2. This is immediately after a water change and cleaning.