Adding LED to HID tent

@bob31 @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971
I have a 600w HID MH/HPS set up in my 4x4x6.5 tent. Currently have 6 girls vegging. Will be giving 2 away keeping 2 in tent and moving 2 to a makeshift fridge growbox. Anyways , I just got my new 450 Viparspectra LED and i want to keep all 6 girls together as long as possible. Would I be good to hang the LED in the tent with the HPS ?

2 Likes

You didn’t tag me, but just in case the others take a while… mixing the two will be fine. If anything, you can start the led high, and drop it a few inches every day or 2. I wouldn’t expect you to need to do that, as the is not a super intense led. But if you wanted to avoid any potential issues with abrupt change of light spectrum, that’s how you’d do it.

The biggest issue you’ll probably run into is possibly shadowing one light with the other. The hid will have more light intensity, thus probably not be able to run as close to canopy as the led. So when setting heights, just be mindful to not block one light with the other if possible.

2 Likes

I forget who but there is someone on here that has the two light types mixed and he had a nice harvest

2 Likes

I don’t use those brands , but my apollo hps and marshydro 600 work great together. Great results so far . I have found that getting true draw watts as close together as possible works the best. That allows the lights to be at or about the same height getting better coverage.

The viparspectra got really good reviews. The HID is from yieldlab. True whats for LED is 236 and ill have to doublecheck for the HID

1 Like

@VelcroThumb
I have 2 of those vipars in my shopping cart but haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet. They seem like a decent light for the price. Keep us posted on how that light performs for you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have a friend who uses a 600 w HPS with two Lush Lighting Lumenator’s on each side in a 5X5 tent.

He loves the results.

He says the overall heat has increased so he’s using more electricity in AC usage.

2 Likes

Here’s some information on the Lumenator by Lush.

https://lushledlighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/TDS-Lumenator2x-2015.pdf

1 Like

I see know reason you couldn’t mix the lights if you wanted to @Alton66
And a cool hood for the best way is the way to go to help combat temps

3 Likes