Accelerated growth On Auto flowers but no height

I would switch to 18/6 personally, only because I was on 20/4 for the first few weeks, and she really didn’t like it, once I changed to 18/6 she started doing way better and stressed less, could just be the pheno I have but on 18/6 she seems way better and is growing way better

1 Like

Thank you, was this in flower when you made that move from 20/4 to 18/6?

1 Like

Yes buddy at early beginning stages, she started showing leaf stress after few hours of lights on I assumed it’s because she wasn’t getting the rest she wanted or needed so I experimented and gave her extra couple hours and I haven’t seen any stress from her since. I’ll try find some pics to show comparison

First picture was when she was on 20/4, the leaves always pointed to the ground on this schedule, sometimes we’re way worse than in that picture, they were never up her entire growth, changed to 18/6 and she exploded and looked so much happier, which is the second pic is yesterday

Figured I would update everyone on these plants. They have all stayed on the short side, got a nice stretch into flower. My stalks also thickened very quickly to the point where I was afraid to bend the stalk over to begin LST. I ended up kinda trying a few different ideas.

Bruce Banner (Fast Buds?) won the height race at 26" also the largest all around.

Gorilla Cookies (Fast Buds) was the smallest plant in the tent before stretch, ended up almost catching Bruce Banner, happy as GC is my favorite strain.

Dosido’s - (Barney’s Farm) is the smallest of the 3 but looks like they are going have some nice thick buds, I still have 2 weeks or so left.

What do you Guy’s think? I’m open to ideas and criticism, growing with LED in a tent was much different than HPS in an open room.

2 Likes

Gorilla Cookies Auto

2 Likes

Looking great growmie! Imo though? All Atleast have 4-5 weeks left, I estimating about 4 weeks left on my FastBuds forbidden runtz and she’s a little further along than yours

2 Likes

Beautiful Bro! I am actually happy to hear that, I would love another 4 weeks. . I see you def keep more leaves than I do, I honestly would have more but I thought I was much closer to finish. I’ve read a million posts on defoliation, seems to be divided lol. What’s your take

1 Like

Hahaha that’s it bro they’ll all fatten up much more! It doesn’t seem like they will at this stage they’ll surprise you! Have been nothing but happy with FastBuds genetics so far! With defoliation I’m the same lol I was massively hesitant, only a week ago she was way way bushier than what she is now, last few days I’ve done a couple big defoliations, I’d wait another 2-3 weeks, then do a hefty defol! I did what @Nicky suggested, took plant out tent and looked at the plant from the side, decided what I was gunna keep and started removing all fan leaves below that line, then the next day I removed almost all fan leaves where you can access the stalks to them leaves, if the buds have swallowed the stalks already by that stage I leave them ones for the most part and let the buds eat them :rofl:

3 Likes

This was a week or so ago

And this is this morning a few hours ago

2 Likes

In another week I’ll probably take some more off depending on how she’s looking

2 Likes

She looks much better, your buds will grow bigger for sure.

Let’s see a side angle of her so I can see the Lolipop job you gave her.

1 Like

@Nicky still some more to get through :sweat_smile: I’m doing a bit day by day as to not traumatise her :rofl:

2 Likes

Probs a better angle here @Nicky

3 Likes

Seems reasonable, I have gone down the defoliation rabbit hole and just like everything regarding cannabis, it’s divided lol, especially with autos. I personally have followed your defoliation plan, to removing everything except sugar leaves and everything in between, I’ve never really seen a big difference either way honestly. I def get keeping some incase I run into a deficiency and also get why someone would want to expose all buds as much as possible. I just like to get the opinion of more experienced growers than myself. Thanks Brother, as always you are very helpful.

1 Like

It’s all good my brother I’m learning just as much as you are as we speak, any advice I give to anyone is learned from all the experienced and wonderful growers here :pray:t2:

Maybe your light is to close or to bright. Water on day 4 or 5. LEDs cause plants to use more cal and mag.

1 Like

Se7en, Considering I am about 4 weeks from harvest I know people usually turn their light up or lower it at this point. Which is the better option, or does it matter?

My light is a 480w Hyphotonflux HPF4000. Manufacturer recommendations and instructions are vague, instructions say 24-30" from the canopy. But they also state “HPF4000 draws 480 watts, powered by MEANWELL driver, it delivers PPF Efficacy up to 2.7 μmol/J and an average PPFD 1300 μmol/s @12” in 4’x4’ coverage, harvest 2.5g/w easily!"

The Bruce Banner is the tallest plant and is 16" from the light, the other 2 are shorter and are about 22" and 20" away from the light. I have my light strength at 65%, I just moved that up a couple of days ago. What is my best option at this point? I don’t wanna miss out on yield but am afraid of burn, fox tailing and airy buds.

I do not have a par meter at this point, it is something I was going to purchase for next grow.

I think the idea of turning the light down or lowering the “DLI” is to prevent the buds fox tailing? I may be wrong on that and have crossed wires but that’s what I’m aware, my tallest colas area at over 60 DLI atm, which I think I’ll probably have to raise the light a bit this week myself

You can download an app on iPhone or android called Photone, and can use the front facing camera on your phone to check how much and how strong the light is on the canopy

1 Like