Accelerated growth On Auto flowers but no height

This is what I’m having to do with this bushy little monster! :laughing: I’m noticing huge growth changes every morning now

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone has made me feel better about it lol. I’m still really Green lol. I had 2 successful grows but that was with HPS. It’s like learning all over again. For those of you who have made the switch from HPS to LED, are you happy with it?

2 Likes

Yeah, I had thought about that and a few other things to try and stretch it out. I’ve never done it, but can’t see any reason I can’t LST to the soil?

Yes, you are def correct about that. I’m not sure I will ever use 100% in a grow tent. I forgot to mention that this is also my first attempt with a tent.

How do you low stress train? That is beautiful by the way.

1 Like

Low stress train or LST, basically get some ties, garden ties or something like that, and gently hook one end round one of the branches I want to expose and arch it down and hook the other end of the tie to the plant pot edge :slight_smile: they will eventually grow back up towards the light while being spread out from eachother

How are yours coming along brother?

1 Like

You may be able to see what I done with the ties on this strawberry cheesecake, and can see how the branches are growing upwards :slight_smile:

I’m sorry, should have been more specific. I know how to LST, what I was asking was how do I train with a plant this short? To make matters worse, it’s in a 10 gallon pot lol. I was thinking about doing the same method but to the soil instead of the pot. I have never tried it but I just don’t see why it would make a difference.

Thanks brother.

1 Like

Ahhh I get ya! Yeah you can absolutely do it to the soil instead of the pot, one of mine I can barely train as she’s so short and bushy also, so one branch I have actually had to pin to the soil, but with this you have to make sure the branch isn’t actually touching the soil as it could damage it when watered, try to have it hovering above the soil, when I put my lights back on I’ll take some more pics for you :pray:t2:

1 Like

They are coming along, a lot of growth and stacking but not much of a height increase. The Dosidoes reached about 6.5" and the Bruce Banner and Gorrila cookies are at about 6" I will post some pictures later. They are now at day 20 I believe this morning

1 Like

That makes total sense! thank you. I think I will get on that in the morning. Yes, please do. A pic of this would be great

I get ya! They will surprise you with random stretches! One of my photo periods is same week as my two autos and she’s tiny in comparison, the two on the left are photo periods the two on right are autoflowers

1 Like

This is what I’ve done bro, just have to make sure the stem doesn’t touch the soil, and when you water the water doesn’t touch it either

1 Like

They look great…I had NO luck with autos… This is a picture of my first… It was the whole plant

1 Like

Honestly, that is the most AMAZING looking auto I ever seen! :rofl::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! That’s mind blowing. Mine are a little over a foot are showing sex in week 5. I’m hoping for a big stretch lol

I know this is almost a month old but question for you. Is using ppdf or dli more important in the long run? For instance I’m going off of Dli and my ppdf is only in the 500s… But my DLI is where it should be in the 40s for flowering.

I’m not sure to be honest. Probably raise the ppfd.

Ok, 1st week of flower has begun, I’m getting a welcomed little stretch now. I have researched LED light cycles until my head hurts lol, I vegged in 24/0 from seed to present , I see most are in favor of an 18/6 for quality and 24/0 for yield (could just be opinion) My question is can I, and is there any benefit to switching to an 18/6 at this point? I’m thinkin is there a best of both world’s or should I finish out the way it began?

1 Like