Abnormal shape leafs on white widow

Hi, my first grow of white widow auto, the leafs are VERY wide on one plant The other one is normal… I’ve never seen them this wide. My question is should I just let it go and hope for the best or am I wasting my time with this one? The other plant is doing wonderfully at only a month old. I cut a few of the leafs in half to allow light to the lower leafs. in the pics I used a bic lighter as a reference to show how wide the leafs are.Thanks for any advice.

My first time posting and attempting to add pics, I hope they come out.

3 Likes

@sparker it’s just a different phenotype. If you have sisters from the same family, they look similar but not alike.
Everything appears normal.
The more you grow, even within the same strain, you can get short and tall plants. You’ll get a better idea that every plant is very different. Even what you feed them, and some prefer more light than others. Some you just can’t feed enough, and some it’s just too much.
Hope that helps a bit.
Happy growing. :seedling:

3 Likes

@sparker welcome to the forum! @Covertgrower gave good advice and has you covered :v::bear:

2 Likes

Hi covert, thanks for the fast reply, I’m assuming the leafs I cut in half is “ok” since it does let more light get to the lower leafs?

1 Like

I wouldn’t cut the leaves in half when the plant is that small. You can bend them with LST to get more light to the lower leaves once she’s ready :v::bear:

2 Likes

great! thank you for the advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes