8/2/21 White Widow & Gold Leaf

Looking good!
Are these Autos or Photo seeds?
Why did you start so many? Do you have a huge grow room?
Give that seed a chance to go, who knows maybe it will sprout!

I started 6 Gold Leaf Feminized and 10 White Widow Auto Flower.

I was not sure how many would germinate. Had no idea how many of the WW would be male…

My grow room is an old 240 sqft milk house. Lots of space.

1 Like

With ILGM seeds you should get nothing but females including the Autos.
I’m growing a WWA in my small tent now. It just started to flower.

Hoping you got proper lighting because you got potentially a huge crop started now.
You can try to do like I am and grow your WWAs all the way to harvest on a 20 on 4 off lighting schedule.
That will keep your GL’s in veg so you can train them to be monsters when you harvest the WWAs and switch to 12 on 12 off then.
Instead of 20/4 I’m actually doing 5 on 1 off for the total 20 hours of light per day.
Supposedly the plants get tired after 5 hours of light and a little nap refreshes them back up in an hour or so. It seems to be working well so far and will definitely keep photos in veg state. :sunglasses:

1 Like

excited to follow along!

1 Like

Thanks my friend! I have a HLG 600RSpec light. For the growing. If I need another, I’ll buy another.

Monsters would be nice…

Good advice on the lighting when it’s time to flower. I know I will be asking lots of questions and posting lots of pics.

Funny thing. I read on here that a lot of members “played” with their plants too much and caused themselves some issues… I can now fully understand that. I always want to check on them.

It’s hard to just let them be. Lol!

8/7/ 2021 @ 9:30pm

Moved the sprout box to the milk house and under the hgl light at 20% and 36" above plants.

I think they may have been stretching for the other light.

8/8/2021
75°f & 68% humidity

Plants seem to have responded well to the lighting change. They are now all standing strand proud. I advanced the dimmer up 1 click.

The ones that looked dry on top of the dirt, I gave 3 squirts of water.

1 Like

Making progress! What type of water are you using?
I like to use Distilled water for the newborn seedlings since they don’t use but a tiny amount at this stage. :sunglasses:

I have well water and I have been using that.

Go get a gallon of distilled water asap, it is usually less than $1!

Do you have PH and TDS meters yet? Well water often contains iron and other solids dissolved in it.
It is usually considered hard water and people who use it in their homes tend to get a water softener. I’ve read of many people who used well water and ran into issues rather quickly and didn’t know why. You need to know the PH and total dissolved solids levels of any water you give to your plants. If the TDS ppm number of your well water is high you don’t want to use that for your plants.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SK98M38?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

I have an Apera ph60 for ph readings and a Blue Lab pencon conductivity pen.

Water has a tds of 50 and a ph of 8.3 which I lower to 6.5 - 7 with ph down. I do have a few gallons of distilled water on hand though…

Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil.

Wow, my tap water has 200 ppms and PH around 6.8 - 7.2

I’m not sure of the PH level you want to use with that fortified soil, but think between 6 - 6.3 might be better.

OK, you got good meters not cheap Chinese shit like mine. :+1: :sob:

I turned the light down one notch. The temperature went up to 86°f.

I may have to install an air conditioner in the milk house to control the heat…

I’m not knockin’ what you’re doing Don please don’t take it that way. Did the HLG come with a chart/recommendation pamphlet that shows at what stages to have what % of power and at what height? 36" is higher than what most lights i see recommend. 30" for seedlings is usually the “going rate” but if you have documentation recommending what you’re doing by all means proceed. They may stretch more though if it’s too high, and running too low on % (dimmer).

what i’m getting at is you HAVE the “right light” according to the experts here like @dbrn32 and he might even know what height you should be running that and at what % of power for those beautiful seedlings :slight_smile: following along and best wishes on your endeavor

You could lower light some instead of turning it up for now.

1 Like

Seedlings won’t mind 86 F as long as you don’t let them dry out.
At the top of my tiny tent 24 hour High 85 F Low 81 F, Humidity High 70% Low 63%.
My plants don’t seem to mind those temps at all.
High temps with high humidity seems to be OK for most sativa strains.
My humidity is usually a bit lower, but my plants got their fabric pots rinsed and soaked and new wet Coco fibers added to their soil mix to fill my plants 3 gal pots up properly.

1 Like

8/8/2021 @9:00pm

Lowered light to 26" from 36" in attempt to stop plants from stretching.

The cheap light meter on the green tool or the Photone app for an iPhone could be used to help figure out how close your light needs to be and how much power to use to keep your seedlings from stretching.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SK98M38?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

You could keep adjusting the height and power level taking readings with the light meter until you find out how much light your seedlings need to keep them from stretching. :+1: :sunglasses:

Lowered the light to 12" and increased light intensity 1 click. Lil spouts still stretching… I think.