3rd indoor grow Starting 9/13

That old measure twice cut once thing my dad always said eh… Hmmm hahaha

The controller does alot of things, timers, levels, humidity shut off or shut on points, temperature shut off or shut on points.

Hes referring to running it in humidity or temp mode will shut the fan off until x humidty or x temp is met so that stops air circulation and thus lack of co2 in the tent for big hungry plants.

However! Their control 67 or whatever costs extra BUT you can set it to have a minium setting and still run on variables! So always run the fan at least at let’s say speed 2 or 3 but when humidity hits X then it will ramp. The fan up to vent humidity or whatever you want to program it.

No one on the market has any like it, inkbird is great but even they don’t match AC infinitys controllers.

2 Likes

oh, ok… thanks. I thought it much have more options than on off

AC infinity sells them for $50

2 Likes

yeah that, and you just get tired of fixing sh** and feeling stupid (which i still do daily) I probably got lucky on the fan :wink:

1 Like

Yup. If you are going to automate fans you will want something with minimum fan speed.

1 Like

I definitely feel that way now, the frustration of learning sometimes makes me confused because I like learning and failing is part of learning but I Geuss with today’s technology alot of its avoidable. When it costs more money or more time due to my error I get frustrated. Because they are so limited in my life I Geuss.

2 Likes

10/16 Day 48
Here they are. Not much difference. Intensity up 5%

NL

GG I need to turn off the fans for photos :laughing:

I saw a guy on here that names them Billy, Eliza… etc
I need to do that :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

1 Like

Everytime I feed the ppms are 200-300. Should they be going that low?

That’s your runoff or what you’re putting in? Seems pretty low either way.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my runoff or slurry right before feeding. Then the Jack’s is i think 850 with my tap water. So around 1150 after feeding. In the past grows I’ve let it get high so I’ve been checking it before feeding. Tbh, I haven’t checked afterwards

I see Jack’s 3,2,1 chart gives target ppms at the top. I think the highest is 1250. Is that after feeding or is that an average or something for hydro systems. I’m in HF soil, 3 gallon pots

1 Like

Try feeding to more runoff. When I mix jacks into distilled its about 950ppm. If you’re getting 850 ppm in tap you’re either checking on a different scale or something is wrong. I would look into it a little make sure everything is on point.

1 Like

yes, im gonna watch it real close. The scale has a 20g weight I calibrate to every time but I guess something else could be wrong

I’ll compare it to a different scale

1 Like

What about your meter? Does it have calibration features?

1 Like

I’ll have to find the instructions to the ppm meter. I know how to calibrate ph, but sure about ppm

1 Like

I can’t find the dang box, I know I have it lol, but this is what I bought. I talks about calibrating for ph but not ppm.

Digital pH Meter with ATC pH Tester, 3 in 1 pH TDS Temp 0.01 Resolution High Accuracy Pen Type Tester, Water Tester for Water, Wine, Spas, Aquariums Amazon.com

I remembered I have this $10 meter too. 12ppm difference in my tap water from other meter

1 Like

So mixing full strength jacks should measure 950ish + something close to that.

1 Like

Sorry, I got distracted. Shiney object on the ground…

Anyways, I don’t have any mixed atm, I had just fed yesterday. But will measure with both meters probably tomorrow. I gotta say I’d be disappointed if both scales and my meters all are worthless

1 Like

I tried this. … they must be pretty close

Ya know, I couldn’t afford the hundred lb bags so I bought this Jack’s 3,2,1 from a guy on ebay that breaks down big bags into smaller amounts. I suppose the guy could’ve cut it… but seems unlikely :laughing: but who knows

1 Like

This is actually 3.8 part A
2.6part B
1.5 Epsom

2 Part A
 2 Part B
 2 mkp
 1.5 Epsom 

First mix is beefed up 3,2,1 for flowering, 2nd mix is for first 2 weeks of flower.

So my $40 meter may be further off than the cheap one. At least the cheap one seems to make a little more sense

1 Like