35 watt LED full spectrum grow light

Hello
I was given a 35 watt full spectrum
LED grow light
13 inch x 13 inch
Can I use this for germinating and seedling??
Thank you

3 Likes

Yes this sounds accurate.

2 Likes

That’s all I used as well, works fine but starting vegetative state you’ll need more.

Why not just when the stretch starts move them to better lighting.

Hello
I have better lighting But I’m just wondering if I can use this 35 watt led full spectrum for germinating and seedling phase.
If I could use this light for seedling would be awesome.
I use a 250 watt metal halide currently and runs really hot and more power then this 35 watt led would so just a better option for me if I could use.
But yes would like to use this 35 w LED for seedling stage only
Thanks

2 Likes

Absolutely that’s what most of us do with our old lights too should be good.

Right on
Thank you skeleton
How far would you’ll guys recommend I distance the LED Lights for sprout?
Also how far should I distance in seedling stage?
Thank you

Sorry meant Scorpion

I have a similar setup. when you get to the veg state you will want better but it’s good for the first few weeks as long as you keep it around 7-10 inches from plant.

Thank you all
For reply’s
Really appreciate it

1 Like

@dbrn32
I would really like your advice on how I should go about using my lights on my next grow?
I have this 35 watt I would like to start germinating and seedling stage with in a 2x2 tent
Once they start veg I switched to a 250 watt mh light and left there until I transplanted to a 3 gallon pot once transplanted I moved them to a 5x5 tent under a spider sp4000 led light,I only use about a 4x4 space though for plants for better coverage.
But I’m wondering if using all these different lights affect the plants growth in any way?
What do you suggest or recommend I do?
Should I use 35 watt led and then once in veg skip 250watt mh and go under the sp4000?
The reason I was using the 250 watt mh is just so there in a smaller space and just easier to maintain climate

1 Like

Does seem like a lot of fooling around. If you don’t have plants flowering in your big tent i would probably move straight to that.

@dbrn32
No nothing in the big tent
Any tips on using the spider sp4000?
Should I just follow manufacture Recommendation?

1 Like

Use the manufacturer data as baseline then just watch your plants.

Anything specific I need to watch?
Sorry just don’t know what to look for

Unhappy plants.

Sounds good

1 Like