2nd journal 3rd grow 2 cookie 🍪 strains and a Jack

Yes definitely! @Sincitytoker practice away! And I’m curious too because I have read and watched some videos and I thought they mentioned watching out for the right pheno or the wrong ones too

1 Like

Ideally you want the best genetics to keep as mother plants. At least a plant that displays characteristics you want to grow several plants from. That can mean different things to different people. Some may tolerate a slow growing or low producing cut because it has other desirable characteristics. Others may cull a slow growing plant long before they get opportunity to flower and sample harvest.

That’s not say this plant in question has a genetic flaw. Maybe its more sensitive to environmental conditions. Or maybe it was root bound or seen some root shock, and under different conditions all of its clones will grow fine.

If I was looking for a mother plant, I would drop entire pack of regular seeds. First round of culling plants would take males. If I had substantial amount of female plants remaining, then I would remove any sensitive to my environment or nutrients. If I still had a bunch then I would look at growing rates, node spacing, and plant shape. Hopefully i would have 2-3 plants that were solid contenders. Then I would grab a couple clones of each and send them to flower. Hopefully one would have desired traits, and that’s the clone you would turn into mother plant.

4 Likes

What does cull/culling consist off?how do you go about?

So it’s ok to clone a plant while it’s in flower to use as a mother plant?
Shoot now you have me thinking not to even waste my time cloning this plant :joy:.

4 Likes

He means kill when he says cull

3 Likes

It would make a great mother plant. The hormones promote more off shoots, that normally would have to be trimmed away during even a normal grow. Monster crop clones are awesome growers, but they are the most work as far as trimming and shaping, to keep larf to a minimum. For me anyway.
When monster cloning, they take longer to veg back maybe buys you an extra week before you see veg growth again. This spaces plants out a bit.

3 Likes

I don’t cull. My two Pineapple Cookies was a very slow
grower. Now 16 days later they are in beast mode.

3 Likes

Yeah he wasn’t telling him TO kill it he was letting him know about mothers and clones and genetics and traits and what some traits are that people don’t like and MAY use as an excuse to “cull” Kill the plant.

2 Likes

So for example if I switched today to 12/12 when would be the best time to clone her?
I have 3 different plants that are growing beautifully and would love to clones those top 3 plants ?
Maybe I can give cloning a shot sooner than I thought lol.
Thank you @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Ah ok
I have heard that referenced before but never looked in to what it meant .

3 Likes

I would say about the second to third week into flowering for best results. Any later than that, they don’t clone as well. Even then, it seems people are willing to try it later than that.

4 Likes

Sounds good
I’m going to give them a trimming around day 21 or so and I will give a few clones a shot and see what happens.
But for the most part (practice)
Thank you @Covertgrower
For the quick lesson in cloning :+1:

3 Likes

I would clone now. I always take clones from vegging plants. If you take them from flowering plants they don’t grow the same, and look like garbage in my opinion.

2 Likes

The others correct, I meant toss the underperforming plants when searching for mother plant.

2 Likes

I’m going to cut a few today and give cloning a shot of the bat…
Thank you fir all the great information once again @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

3 Likes

Do you guys think ?since I flipped last night I will stunt the plant by cutting a few clones?
I was planning on cutting some until I did my 21 day defol but I would love to cut some today and on day 21 to start experiencing the different growths.?

2 Likes

If it were me I would go ahead and take the clones now without a thought.

2 Likes

Not a few. I wouldn’t hack off large portion of plant though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information
Much appreciated :+1:

1 Like

Well let’s see what happens :grimacing:
Took a few about 2 or 3 from each plants.
Wish me luck🤞

2 Likes

Let’s hope they perk up in a few days

1 Like